Shift to Drive from Park and truck jumps...

Okay maybe I am starting to nit pick the little things that erk me but has anyone else noticed sometimes when you shift from Park to Drive, the truck jumps forward hard... like so hard that if your foot wasn't on the brake you'd probably hit anything 1-3 feet in front of you. I just find it annoying because 2 out of 3 times when I shift into Drive its buttery smooth/can't even tell I went into gear. But those other 1 out of 3 times, it jumps something fierce.

Thoughts?

Edited by bladz1454

Are you doing this while on an incline?

No this is always on flat surfaces actually. Like when i leave work today, I have a funny feeling it will do it. I am actually wondering if it only happens when i back into parking spots... Like the shift pattern would be Drive > Reverse > Park = Jump when I restart and go Park > Drive.

I going to start testing this because now that I think about it, when I pull front end first into a spot and park, and then when I go to start later and drive away, it does not do it.

Edited by bladz1454

Okay maybe I am starting to nit pick the little things that erk me but has anyone else noticed sometimes when you shift from Park to Drive, the truck jumps forward hard... like so hard that if your foot wasn't on the brake you'd probably hit anything 1-3 feet in front of you. I just find it annoying because 2 out of 3 times when I shift into Drive its buttery smooth/can't even tell I went into gear. But those other 1 out of 3 times, it jumps something fierce.

Thoughts?

I was thinking about the same issue. Mine does this also and there is no rhyme or reason to when. Cant be good for the drivetrain. It feels like some sort of delay or something and then a second or two ...WHAM. :dunno:

Does it do it more often when the engine is cold vs warm? I only ask because if the engine is cold, engine speed is up a little so when you drop it in gear it may "jump" forward on you. Just a thought.

I know for me it does it year round but I can definitely see that happening if like the RPMs haven't settled yet like you said

• 6 years later...