Chevrolet diesel-powered Colorado ZR2 concept

trev0006

I like this thing, and if GM built it and I didn't need a full-size anymore, I'd consider it… I just hope that it's more like it's namesake, and has actual upgraded suspension like the S10 ZR2… And not just shocks and interior pieces like the Z71…

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great fuel economy and gobs of torque, what more can you ask for.

Significantly higher buy in cost, higher fuel cost/limited availability in some areas. More expensive maintenance. Cold start performance in extreme climates.

Significantly higher buy in cost, higher fuel cost/limited availability in some areas. More expensive maintenance. Cold start performance in extreme climates.

Yep, higher purchase price. As for fuel cost, diesel is the same price around here. More expensive maintenance, maybe depends, if something breaks yes, but just fluid and filter changes not so much more. As for cold start performance. That is a thing of the past. Unless you live where it gets down to -30°F often.

Higher fuel cost is regional… Diesel is cheaper here…

I know diesel fuel economy is great. But how much better are we talking about for this platform?

Full tank comparison vs extra initial cost for diesel vs Gasoline.

I mean - on another vehicle - it's $4500 more for the diesel motor. Which could probably take 5-10 years (mileage depending) before the fuel savings actually pays off.

I'll admit - I haven't really found (or searched) for hard numbers - and this post is really just as a hypothetical example.

I'm looking at trading in my hobby car for one of the twins - but can't decide on which route as far as body and motor.

• 5 months later...

I am finding a bunch of Headlines on Google search that they are going to make the ZR2 version of the Colorado now? With a Duramax! What are you guys hearing?

Not that. GM backed off from producing this. All the production rumors are old. Instead we just got the half hearted Trail Boss.

Archived