BFG AT KO2

the sr-a's I haven't noticed being too horrible in the snow as long as I'm in 4wd (auto). wet pavement though dang. but overall I agree, not exactly confidence inspiring to say the least.

the bfg's look badass on that truck. it will be interesting to hear when he chimes back in on how they ride/noise.

No rubbing at all. I do have a 2" leveling kit on the front. The ride is great, a little noise over the SR-A's, but I was expecting that. I will let you know about the mud after this weekend, headed to the hunting camp tomorrow.

thanks for the info and good luck hunting.

i didnt do so well this year, we didnt apply for the doe tags this season because everyone in my group said they just couldnt make it so we missed the draw... then all of a sudden everyones schedule just opened up but all we had were buck tags(and a lot of them...).

had a big moose, 3 big does and a fawn walk right by us.....

theres always next season i guess...

i was surprised how well my stock 17" tires did in the mud...snow and ice not so well...

love the look. I have the stock 275/55 ... what is the difference on the 275/60 ? Just wider? or taller as well?

Tire readings.....AAA/BB/CC.......AAA is the width of the tires in MM...BB is the % (ratio) of the width which equals the height of the sidewall....CC is the rim diameter.

So for ease of calculation we'll go with 300/50/20...The tire is 300MM's wide, the sidewall height is 150MM's tall (50% of 300) and the rim diameter is 20".

275/55 is 275MM's wide, and the side wall is (55% of 275) 151.25 MM's wide. 275/60 is 275MM's wide, and the side wall is 165MM's wide. So the 275/60's are 27.5MM's taller or just over 1" taller.

• Like 1

Tire readings.....AAA/BB/CC.......AAA is the width of the tires in MM...BB is the % (ratio) of the width which equals the height of the sidewall....CC is the rim diameter.

So for ease of calculation we'll go with 300/50/20...The tire is 300MM's wide, the sidewall height is 150MM's tall (50% of 300) and the rim diameter is 20".

275/55 is 275MM's wide, and the side wall is (55% of 275) 151.25 MM's wide. 275/60 is 275MM's wide, and the side wall is 165MM's wide. So the 275/60's are 27.5MM's taller or just over 1" taller.

Do you think the 275/60/20 fit without rubbing no level on truck just stock?

Been using bfg ko's on my trucks for the last two decades, never one flat or tire problem other then them wearing out after 50+ thousand miles and years of abuse. I simply do not have the need to shop any other truck tire brand imo.

• Like 2

I am interested to hear how these handle not just snow but cold...they look awesome.

I respect the tire compound and sipe design of a dedicated snow set up is the best and we run that on our AWD RX350 my wife drives. I am looking for something in the better category of the good-better-best continuum negating my need to run a dedicated snow setup. On the few cold days we have had thus far (-18ish Celsius) the SRA does not make the good ranking.

I just ordered a set today. They will be at my local tire shop on Monday and they will be installed next Saturday morning. Lots of early snow up here in Canada and it's like a zoo at any tire store you go to, huge line ups everywhere. :cheers: