Exhaust with no drone?

***UPDATE***

I put on the 18" magnaflow today and it sounds great. Just what I was looking for. Although right when it came out of the shop it sounded almost like stock. I drove the truck for about 30 (admittedly heavy footed) and I could already tell a difference in sound. I could also smell the baffling start to burn. It has a nice low rumble and opens up when I get on it. Perfect. Also, and most importantly to me, little to no drone so far. Couldn't be happier thus far.

JHock, now that you've been living with this for a month - you still happy with the turn out?

My Prius is killing me!

• 2 weeks later...

I went from a super 40 series flowmaster to a MagnaFlow 22". Flowmaster sounded awesome until I got.to v4 mode at speeds over 1500 rpm. I lasted 2 wks and had to get rid of it. I drive 50 miles a day round trip to work and the sound with the flowmaster got to be very unpleasant. The MagnaFlow has the sound when I get on the gas and when I commute the v4 closely mirrors that of the stock exhaust. I'm near 40 now...I can't handle that much noise. I strongly recommend MagnaFlow 22 if you want bass when you start it and accelerate but cruising it's quite. .. just what I was looking for. To each his own. Loving my truck again. I have video of the both mufflers ..trying to figure out how to upload.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I went from a super 40 series flowmaster to a MagnaFlow 22". Flowmaster sounded awesome until I got.to v4 mode at speeds over 1500 rpm. I lasted 2 wks and had to get rid of it. I drive 50 miles a day round trip to work and the sound with the flowmaster got to be very unpleasant. The MagnaFlow has the sound when I get on the gas and when I commute the v4 closely mirrors that of the stock exhaust. I'm near 40 now...I can't handle that much noise. I strongly recommend MagnaFlow 22 if you want bass when you start it and accelerate but cruising it's quite. .. just what I was looking for. To each his own. Loving my truck again. I have video of the both mufflers ..trying to figure out how to upload.

Good luck!

Looking forward to hearing this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dose anyone have a factory exhaust set up? Don't want to hack at mine, just in case I'm not happy. Want a back up.

2014 silverado double can 5.3

Pm if you have one and want to get rid of it.

Better be very local! It's one piece and beyotch to move around ( I did it alone today).

Dynomax TV sounds great as far as the 10-12 miles I put on it today.

I'm really interested in the Dynomax VT! I'm worried about drone on the highway and from what I understand Dynomax has the flapper in the VT as well as a 90 day guarantee against drone.

I'm really just looking for something a bit louder than stock, frees up some throttle response and makes the truck feel quicker to accelerate from a stop. How would you describe this exhaust? I'll be pairing this with an Airaid Jr. kit.

I'm really interested in the Dynomax VT! I'm worried about drone on the highway and from what I understand Dynomax has the flapper in the VT as well as a 90 day guarantee against drone.

I'm really just looking for something a bit louder than stock, frees up some throttle response and makes the truck feel quicker to accelerate from a stop. How would you describe this exhaust? I'll be pairing this with an Airaid Jr. kit

No drone, but you can slightly hear it on the highway. Cold start is a bit louder than what i wanted, but it idles down in a minute or so. Overall, i'm extremely pleased with the exhaust and the price!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really just looking for something a bit louder than stock, frees up some throttle response and makes the truck feel quicker to accelerate from a stop. How would you describe this exhaust? I'll be pairing this with an Airaid Jr. kit.

I can second the Dynomax VT opinion. Sounds exactly what you are looking for which was exactly what I was looking for. I have it on my truck and it's everything I expected.

• 3 weeks later...

I can second the Dynomax VT opinion. Sounds exactly what you are looking for which was exactly what I was looking for. I have it on my truck and it's everything I expected.

So you're not getting any drone on the highway? Did you delete the rear resonator and valve?

Hey all, new member here but been following the forum since I bought my truck in Sept of 2014. I bought the Dynomax VT cat back after reading some of you guys talk about it and was hoping for the best but it hasn't turned out that well. Got it shipped in 3 days and when I opened up the muffler box I could hear a rattle. Called dynomax up and they sent out a new one under warranty but took over a week to get to me. Finally got my old exhaust off and the dynomax put on last night. The first problem I had was with the SS tip they sent. It was way to big to fit on the pipe and even with the clamp tightened as far as it would go I could still just pull it off the exhaust pipe. I was also not to impressed with the sound at idle but I do come from my last two Silverados having flowmasters on them. I finally took the truck for a spin today and I was actually pretty impressed with the sound under throttle and how quiet it got out of throttle. The downside is when my truck is in V4 and the throttle is lightly applied, starts to drone and the truck actually shakes a little but goes away as soon as it goes into V8. I am going to give it a few days but I may end up sending it back and putting my stocker on. Just hard to ride around in a quiet truck after 17 years of having some kind of exhaust on my previous trucks.