rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

Did your High Country come with skid plates? Never have really got a good answer from GM...the option sheet says "Underbody Shield (Transfer Case)"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Langer19

Did your High Country come with skid plates? Never have really got a good answer from GM...the option sheet says "Underbody Shield (Transfer Case)"

No metal skid plate from what I remember. I can give you a definite answer tomorrow. There's just a plastic "skid plate" up front that you gotta pull to access the front diff

Sent while in 'Murica...

No metal skid plate from what I remember. I can give you a definite answer tomorrow. There's just a plastic "skid plate" up front that you gotta pull to access the front diff

Sent while in 'Murica...

Yeah that would be cool if you could let me know. If you wanted a metal one you have to buy it aftermarket?

Yeah that would be cool if you could let me know. If you wanted a metal one you have to buy it aftermarket?

Yeah probably but for the front you don't really need it to metal. It's just to keep stuff from kicking up into the engine bay

Sent while in 'Murica...

Nope, no skid plate here [emoji34]

a1cc417ad3b21a2c81c773905c1268ac.jpg

Looks to be the same bolt pattern as the skid plate I took off my 02. May touch it up with some paint and stick it under there just because this truck is so much lower

Sent while in 'Murica...

Had these sitting outside when I got home

2bebc4cbeaf1f6eb631d5a6f816cb29b.jpg

Took 5 min. to install. Passenger side you had to add retainers so that was the "difficult" part. All in all just need to give them some time to lay flat and they'll be much nicer! Here's some finished shots

ef066fff39758123b6402b3511837ff6.jpg

215b9871f0abce85312a8c6c8bafe0c3.jpg

ed48f621b22aea6328c4819c2ef54c05.jpg

What to do next... hmmm....

Sent while in 'Murica...

Years. Lol. Ok your not leveling that beauty any time soon... I'll have some summer rims by April. I understand tho. Driver assist handle, under rear seat storage thing. And your done

Years. Lol. Ok your not leveling that beauty any time soon... I'll have some summer rims by April. I understand tho. Driver assist handle, under rear seat storage thing. And your done

I actually have a level kit on my parts shelf but gotta send it back cause they sent the wrong one. I was just gonna run stock wheels and tires until they were gone. Not worth me buying new wheels and tires yet

Sent while in 'Murica...

• Like 1

Huskys. Those WTs do not fit.

Just gotta give them some time to settle in. In my 02 they fit great

Also saw this the other day. I'll have the dealer take care of it when I go in for my stabilitrak light always being on

e36d726ad3a62d359020a819721f12a4.jpg

Sent while in 'Murica...

Oh no! That sucks. Just from the pics I've seen and the feedback I've read I wouldn't buy WTs. Do they all hang over the door plates like that?

Yeah they all do that. I'm not too worried about it. I've had nothing but great luck with weathertechs in my other truck. I'll tell my buddy to order some huskys for his ram 1500 so I can compare

Sent while in 'Murica...

Yeah they all do that. I'm not too worried about it. I've had nothing but great luck with weathertechs in my other truck. I'll tell my buddy to order some huskys for his ram 1500 so I can compare

Sent while in 'Murica...

I've never owned a set but hear the quality is excellent. Just been hearing a lot about the fit on TYF vs the huskys.