My truck is currently stuck in auto 4wd, dealership is to busy to get it in. Might be able to look at it as an emergency Monday am. I tried disconnecting the negative terminal, and didn't fix it. Strange part is none of my radio presets were erased after disconnecting negative terminal either, possibly didn't leave it disconnected long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by obrien19

Had similiar to this happen to me early this week. Drove about 80 miles in 4wd (tthrough the bad ice/snow storm Tennessee got). Next morning, truck idled rough, vibrated a little while driving. Mid afternoon took it out of 4wd and back to 2wd. Noticed it was still steering heavy and I could feel the front end still pulling a little and intermittently jerking.

Went to a big parking lot and back up, turning wheels left and right while backing up. No noticeable sound or feeling during but as soon as I drove forward I could tell I was definitely in 2wd now.

Never any messages in dash, no lights. But it was definitely still in 4wd even though truck dial indicated 2wd and I got the notification message about "switching 4wd mode" when I moved the dial from 4wd to 2wd.

Mine goes in tomorrow to reprogram but dealer hasn't heard of a fix! I mentioned PIP5220B but they haven't gotten any fix for cold temperatures causing 4 x 4 trouble except the same one which has to have the truck put back in 2 wd before shutdown!!!! Almost 3 months now!

same issue on 2015 canyon, goes back to clear codes tomorrow

I was wondering how long it would take for the Canyon and Colorado issues to start showing up. I was hoping GM would have been all over this for the new trucks, but I guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up.

I dropped off mine today after it threw codes this weekend. Showed up unannounced abd left with a loaner. This is the fourth visit. The third visit they replaced a switch in/on the transfer case then discovered that the harness pins were not seated correctly.

GM Canada called yesterday and told me that they are happy to tell me that they have a fix for this issue! Truck goes in this week for the update! I'll be the judge of this "Fix"...I'll let you know how it goes!

Keep us in the loop!!!

Received a call last Thursday. A GM engineer called my local dealer(Chicago area) and said they are going to be mailing out a new part, I don't recall what the was called. Hope that this part works, stuck in 4hi currently.

• 3 weeks later...

Had mine at the dealer in Feb. for this. Cleared codes, and "we'll call when we have a fix"

I got called tuesday. Truck goes in friday. Tech says they are replacing the module. Won't know if it's really fixed untill next winter if it's the cold temps that make it screw up.