My problems occurred when the temperature was below zero. There is a new software fix for this problem

now supposedly. I've had my vehicle back for two weeks and the problem has not repeated itself but I have only tested it down to about zero degrees. I won't know for sure whether my truck is really fixed until next winter.

Today it was 65 degrees here in Ohio and my service 4 wheel drive light came on . I was driving down a road going 45 in 2 wheel drive of coarse when the light came on . I decided to see if it would switch to auto and it would not . I came home stooped the truck and then restarted it and no more light . It also switched to auto when I took it for a drive . Still going to call the dealer tomorrow !

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after 4 months the part is replaced. ..reprogramming done....now to wait till next December to see if it is actually fixed! ? Other than that issue it's been an awesome truck with no other problems!

No exhaust pings? http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/155069-pinging-popping-grinding-sound-from-rear-in-v4-mode/

My truck went in today for the 4HI issue yesterday still waiting to get it back.

Hey guys, never owned a GM before, but I have a '15 Yukon rental that I realized was stuck in 4wd. I really liked the truck, so I wanted to see if I could get it out of 4wd instead of taking it back and swapping it out. The knob wasn't doing anything, so I disconnected the negative terminal, went into the fuse box in the engine bay, and took out the 40A fuse that says 4wd something lol. Now the stabilitrak light is on, as well as service 4wd, but the truck is back in 2wd!! This is a quick fix for someone that doesn't want to ruin their $60k truck, and cant take it into the dealer soon. Hope this helps someone, even though it's just a half assed fix!

Edited by chipz263

• 3 months later...

Did they come up with a fix for this yet? Winter is getting closer, live in Wisconsin. Very sad we have to remember to switch to 2wd before turning off a new truck. Guess maybe I bought the wrong brand. Took it in twice last winter, forgot to switch once.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to leave my 2015 Sierra at the dealer today. It was 102 degrees out yesterday when service 4wd came on. Won't switch from auto to any other setting. They've taken it for a spin and think something in the transfer case is broken, but wouldn't elaborate on what. My vin didn't show up for the recall or tsb about this issue. 15k miles.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by evilhunter101

Just had to leave my 2015 Sierra at the dealer today. It was 102 degrees out yesterday when service 4wd came on. Won't switch from auto to any other setting. They've taken it for a spin and think something in the transfer case is broken, but wouldn't elaborate on what. My vin didn't show up for the recall or tsb about this issue. 15k miles.

Well isn't that just great so it's not just a cold weather issue? I'm at the beach now and plan to take the truck out onto the beach at some point this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well isn't that just great so it's not just a cold weather issue? I'm at the beach now and plan to take the truck out onto the beach at some point this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to the dealership today, they say the transfer case cam actuator broke/shorted. So might not be related to original issue but I don't know since I am not that familiar with it.

Just called the dealer to ask about any fix for stuck in 4wd. Was told nothing more at this time. Just the reprogram and put in 2wd before turning off engine. Are they going to do anything?

I'm going to continue to just set it back to 2WD before shutting the engine off. At least while I'm at the beach. I don't want to drive 3.5 hours back home in 4WD or have to deal with the truck getting towed.

• 2 months later...

This is really going to screw up the transfer case which will be the bigger issue down the line. I am wondering how this will be handled. I changed the Dextron VI in the transfer case and the magnet was full of clutch and metal fragments. I had a little noise coming from the case but changing the fluid quieted it down. I recommend changing the fluid for those of you that have had this issue. I am not sure if I have ever had this happen but I have hardly used my 4x4 setting and the fluid was way too contaminated for minimal use.