• 1 month later...

Hey guys, never owned a GM before, but I have a '15 Yukon rental that I realized was stuck in 4wd. I really liked the truck, so I wanted to see if I could get it out of 4wd instead of taking it back and swapping it out. The knob wasn't doing anything, so I disconnected the negative terminal, went into the fuse box in the engine bay, and took out the 40A fuse that says 4wd something lol. Now the stabilitrak light is on, as well as service 4wd, but the truck is back in 2wd!! This is a quick fix for someone that doesn't want to ruin their $60k truck, and cant take it into the dealer soon. Hope this helps someone, even though it's just a half assed fix!

This worked on my 2014 GMC. Taking it for the update later today.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2015 Silverado is currently sitting in my garage locked in 4wd! Got it 2 months ago! Just happened to find this thread with a Google search. I'm pissed off to say the least. The first I can get in to get it fixed is Tuesday (today is Friday). Is there a permanent fix?? Why wasn't this addressed before i drove it off the lot!?

My 2015 Silverado is currently sitting in my garage locked in 4wd! Got it 2 months ago! Just happened to find this thread with a Google search. I'm pissed off to say the least. The first I can get in to get it fixed is Tuesday (today is Friday). Is there a permanent fix?? Why wasn't this addressed before i drove it off the lot!?

Recall 15304. There are several threads on it. Call your dealership, give them your VIN, and see if the recall applies. My guess is that it does.

I purchased a 2014 two months ago, asked the dealership to make sure all of the recalls/TSB's/ updates were applied before I purchased. They assured me they were. Found this forum the next week, found the 15304 recall soon after, and called the dealership. Sure enough, it hadn't been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The recall is not very old. You probably picked it up before it was released.

So now I'm freaked out...I just bought a 2015 sierra 1500 z71. 3000 miles on it now. I live in Ohio and going to be getting snow and cold. Is this happing to all of them? Or just some?

No need to freak out. Just call you dealer and make an appointment to get the update done ASAP. In the mean time, just make sure to switch your truck back to 2WD before shutting it off. You can put it back in 4WD after you start it again and just repeat that process until you get the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

How far aback does this bulletin go? This problem has been around since they started using this transfer case in 07 :tear:

I have a NBS 2007 Z71 and have experienced this message every winter since I got it 3 years ago.

Today was our first cold spell at 27f and the truck was left in 2wd and on startup there was the all too familiar message :nonod:

After it warmed up a restart seemed to clear the message.

thanks

Joe

• 1 month later...

My 2015 Silverado 1500 I bought in new Feb. 2015 is stuck in 4wd Hi in Houghton, MI. Taking it into service this afternoon. No recall for my VIN except for the seat beat issue. Hope it is a quick fix!

My 2015 Silverado 1500 I bought in new Feb. 2015 is stuck in 4wd Hi in Houghton, MI. Taking it into service this afternoon. No recall for my VIN except for the seat beat issue. Hope it is a quick fix!

There is a fix for this just published, can't find it but it's been discussed here just a day or two ago.

• 9 months later...

just posted on another topic on this forum for very same thing. guess everyone is having this problem. happened to us in our 16 yukon denali in 90 degree weather twice. although i was in auto mode. dealer reset TCM and told me no fix so dont ever use Auto mode again. haven't used since and haven't had that particular problem.

• 3 months later...
On 4/19/2015 at 9:34 PM, chipz263 said:

Hey guys, never owned a GM before, but I have a '15 Yukon rental that I realized was stuck in 4wd. I really liked the truck, so I wanted to see if I could get it out of 4wd instead of taking it back and swapping it out. The knob wasn't doing anything, so I disconnected the negative terminal, went into the fuse box in the engine bay, and took out the 40A fuse that says 4wd something lol. Now the stabilitrak light is on, as well as service 4wd, but the truck is back in 2wd!! This is a quick fix for someone that doesn't want to ruin their $60k truck, and cant take it into the dealer soon. Hope this helps someone, even though it's just a half assed fix!

Thanks for the tip on pulling the 4WD fuse, my 2015 Sierra 1500 is stuck in hi-4, nice to get it out of 4WD until I can get it to the dealer.