Gas Pedal Flex Solution

FL335i

i got rid of my slow throttle, google sprintbooster been using one for 2 years works as advertized

I have sprintbooster on my 2011 bmw x5 diesel and it works so good. On Red its like hair trigger, i keep it in green and off when wife drives it. She doesnt like the sensitive throttle lol

I miss driving that thing now that my truck is my daily, x5 is a beast and so much torque! (425ftlbs)

Thanks OP , after dropping two pieces of paint stick under the carpet I went in the shop and found a 1/4" aluminum puck from a hole saw. That was a little to thick but still managed to get it under the frame. Drove it right after and wow was that noticeable ! 19k of getting used to the flex really made it stand out haha.

Even after checking my pedal and not seeing any flex, I went ahead and added a piece of hard plastic underneath and I definitely saw a difference in throttle response. Anyone not seeing the flex, I recommend trying this fix anyway.

Has anyone upgraded their ignition coils? I saw a customer review from an Accel supercoil ignition pac(and wires) on a 2016 saying they noticed better throttle response.

• Like 1

I did this about 2 weeks ago and really didn't notice much difference just a bit but as I've been driving more I'm really liking the truck more.The take off nose dive is gone and I swear my mpg got better to,maybe it's relearning my drive habits.

Thanks OP[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gas peddle mount looks slighty different than yours, I have a plastic housing that runs outwards from that nut, and it is really hard for me to reach between where you stuffed the wood :(

38eeb80f2bff7876e417450a15fa3bca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was close to taking my new '17 in because it just didn't seem right off the line, to my surprise I went and looked at the pedal and she's a flexing. Fixing it tonight with a paint stick tonight, going to wrap it in black tape so it blends in.

Well, I caught this thread and decided to take a looks see? Guess what? I am going to Lowes to buy some shit to fix my excessive pedal flex. Thanks to the OG poster on this one! So it looks easy to fix and the assembly itself looks decent too. It's just the cheap plastic bracket/holder that bolts onto the floor board/firewall etc.

The actual pedal assembly slides into the bracket and still way too much excessive side to side play even if it's affixed directly to the floor board properly? Oh, Well.. it's shit no doubt and nothing like the older vehicles at least I am not dealing with an ecoboost turbo problem.............

We should name their thread " shimmin' the shakin' Silverado" lol..I do love my truck but if GM could just get off their ass and come up with a fix it would be near perfect.. Oh and new trans. tuning too. Am I asking too much here?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, I caught this thread and decided to take a looks see? Guess what? I am going to Lowes to buy some shit to fix my excessive pedal flex. Thanks to the OG poster on this one! So it looks easy to fix and the assembly itself looks decent too. It's just the cheap plastic bracket/holder that bolts onto the floor board/firewall etc.

The actual pedal assembly slides into the bracket and still way too much excessive side to side play even if it's affixed directly to the floor board properly? Oh, Well.. it's shit no doubt and nothing like the older vehicles at least I am not dealing with an ecoboost turbo problem.............

I have adjustable pedals and it was joke with the play/flex. I removed the whole assembly down to the plastic mount that has bolts attached to it.

I placed 2qty 1/8" thick plastic washers 1.125" in diameter over the 3qty bolts and put pedal assembly back and tightened down. I then took a plastic shim like a wood shim yet plastic and cut it down. At this point I pried up plastic mount and squeezed caulk and shim behind.

Took truck for "Hot Lap" and this thing now has probably 100% better throttle response! The best and first MOD evey body should be doing! Thanks OP why didn't I open this thread 1yr ago?