Cadillac introduces 640-horsepower 2016 CTS-V

Zane

I'd get a new one if it came in a manual...

I had a 2009 with a stick for a little while. I was a blast to drive, for sure. And I agree: 3 pedals are better. But I also understand why GM is doing this, even if I don't like it. Running 1 car through the EPA circus of tests versus 2 will save them time and money. As soon as they offered the V in auto form (second gen), it outsold the 3-pedal version by a massive margin. Cadillac just didn't sell enough manuals to make it worthwhile to go through that process again for Gen 3.

I honestly wonder how long the manual ATS-V is going to last...

All the while, Chrysler is going to be rolling out supercharged Challenger cars putting down 700 hp and 200 mph. Get an idea that the muscle car era has returned?

All the while, Chrysler is going to be rolling out supercharged Challenger cars putting down 700 hp and 200 mph. Get an idea that the muscle car era has returned?

But it can't turn

71e50973a1a49adab67f44e05c288e00.jpg

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

Germany, your reign ends here.

Germany is finally defeated. Again.

People, realize that it will probably even beat a hellcat in a straight line due to the new trans. But, it should since it will cost about 20K more at least by my guess.

Love the car...

The only thing I not a fan of is the design of the wheels/tires/wheel-wells. To me they just look too small for the car.

I don't know if they're 18's, 19's or what, but they just look tiny compared to the front and rear fenders.

JMO

(I still love the car!)

04-hennessey-cts-v.jpg

But it can't turn

71e50973a1a49adab67f44e05c288e00.jpg

Ryan

It's great there is a "hiring drivers" sign in the background

Love the car...

The only thing I not a fan of is the design of the wheels/tires/wheel-wells. To me they just look too small for the car.

I don't know if they're 18's, 19's or what, but they just look tiny compared to the front and rear fenders.

JMO

(I still love the car!)

04-hennessey-cts-v.jpg

It looks a little snug, but more rubber is definitely required with more power. Being a Vette guy, you know the first rule on a new Vette is to undo the 4x4 factory mod :lol: At least this one is not riding too high. Actually on second look, this is a hennessey, so the lowered stance is probably their doing.

It's great there is a "hiring drivers" sign in the background

It looks a little snug, but more rubber is definitely required with more power. Being a Vette guy, you know the first rule on a new Vette is to undo the 4x4 factory mod :lol: At least this one is not riding too high. Actually on second look, this is a hennessey, so the lowered stance is probably their doing.

Haha! Yeah, I drove the Vette home from the dealership in 2010, jacked it up and lowered it all the way on stock bolts... dropped the front 1.5", rear 1.75". (and still want more... I can actually cut the bushings and get another half inch!)

Factory lift kit... GONE! :cheers:

You're right... that's a Henessey. But IMO, still needs more rear end rubber. :thumbs:

No, I owned a GTO and almost bought an SS. I love the platform but I wish Cadillac would step out from the GM umbrella with some more unique designs. Besides I bet an SS with a supercharger would have similar performance for 20k less. I guess we won't know until pricing is released.

Haha there is so much wrong with this sentence.

Archived