Heated steering wheel

Confirmed!!!!! It will work.

You do need a new clock spring ( one that has the heated wheel wires, purple with white trace and a black wire) and you must wire those wires for 12 volts switched and ground.

No reprogramming needed

Great news, as I have a clockspring (p/n 22989630) on order!

Any tips as to removing the airbag?

Great news!!

Can I get the part numbers that I need for the install? Wheel..I see the spring number but what else?

Sierra Boy

If it's just clockspring and the wheel, that's all you should need.

Wheel part number varies depending on model/ trim level/ etc.

You might want to just shop for one on eBay...if the decor trim doesn't match your brand (i.e. I have a chevy wheel but own a GMC), don't fret; you can swap the trim bezels from wheel to wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-SILVERADO-SIERRA-2015-SUBURBAN-TAHOE-YUKON-HEATED-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-/201289376738?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eddc823e2&vxp=mtr

I talked to the local dealer and they said that the heated steering wheel can not be added.

It will be really interested to see if this works for you guys. As I bet it can and will work.

You might want to just shop for one on eBay...if the decor trim doesn't match your brand (i.e. I have a chevy wheel but own a GMC), don't fret; you can swap the trim bezels from wheel to wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-SILVERADO-SIERRA-2015-SUBURBAN-TAHOE-YUKON-HEATED-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-/201289376738?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eddc823e2&vxp=mtr

I talked to the local dealer and they said that the heated steering wheel can not be added.

It will be really interested to see if this works for you guys. As I bet it can and will work.

couple of posts up confirmed it can be added, dealers are the last place to ask questions since they never know the right answer.

Thank you...I have the 2015i GMC 2500 SLT with jet Black perforated leather interior.

Sierra Boy

You also need to factor in whether or not your truck has collision alert/ adaptive cruise, as that might affect wiring. I also don't know if the All Terrain wheel has different stitching (red?) or not, but that's another possible variant.

In any case, if you say "no" to both those, the wheel above would work with you. It'd match perfectly once you swap your old trim panels over. You'd do well to shop the 'bay since a new wheel will run you at least $250-270 shipped.

A little off topic kinda, but as it was said before dealers are the worst to ask about different custom/mod stuff. From my days back to swapping honda motors 15 years ago(auto to 5speed, engine swap) to putting an LS7 Clutch in my Cadillac V1 I have been told no you can't do that multiple times by Honda techs, GM "master technicians.

Lets just say my honda did turn into an auto with an engine swap and my CTS V got a lightweight flywheel LS7 clutch running perfect. Pretty sure when I go ask gm about adding wireless charging to my Sierra from a Yukon they will say the same thing, can't be done. Shit they said I had to have a tune to run my Airrad intake in my Cadillac V2, car is pulling nicely

No reason you can't swap steering wheels and make it work

Edited by hurricanoday

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this done today. The clock spring is needed as an extension harness for the new wheel. You will have a single wire left over down on the steering column where everything plugs up. This is the wire that needs (my guess) a 12V power source. I just literally picked the truck up so I want to make sure I can apply 12V here without damaging everything. The guy who did the install is a GM tech and I barely got the install done before the end of the day. He was just doing this as an R&R install of the clock spring and steering wheel. I will check with my GM tech tomorrow and find out what the wire needs to be connected to. Everything still works on the steering wheel (except the heat button).

Were you able to find a heated steering wheel that doesn't have the forward collision alert/lane departure on it? My understanding is that to get heated steering wheel from factory, had to take the other 2 and didn't want them, but I would love to add a heated steering wheel stand alone.

Were you able to find a heated steering wheel that doesn't have the forward collision alert/lane departure on it? My understanding is that to get heated steering wheel from factory, had to take the other 2 and didn't want them, but I would love to add a heated steering wheel stand alone.

Collision alert and lane departure are the option above the one that includes the heated steering wheel.

UVD Steering wheel, heated, leather wrapped with audio and cruise controls
- Included and only available with (PCM) SLT Preferred Package or (PDG) All Terrain SLT Crew Cab "Plus" Package.PCM SLT
PCM SLT Preferred Package, includes (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UVD) heated steering wheel and (A48) sliding rear window
- Not available with (PDG) All Terrain SLT Crew Cab "Plus" Package. (contents of PCM already included in PDG package)
Driver alert stuff is in Y65:
Y65 Driver Alert Package, includes Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Seat and (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist
- Requires (KB6) heated and cooled driver and front passenger seating, (AN3) front bucket seats and (H3A), (H3B) or (H3C) interior trim. Not available with (GAT)