Sign in to follow this  
tig488

need help with wiper arms

just bought my 14 All terrain a few days ago. they told me they replaced the wipers under warranty. i noticed that the driver side looked like it wasn't properly installed so i popped it off and inspected it. i had trouble getting it reinstalled. i noticed both the driver and passenger were the same. they were 22 inch rain-x wipers. i could get the passenger side on easy, but the drivers side arm was different. it had a curve towards the back causing it to hit the wiper mount so that it wouldn't lock in correctly. i attached some pics. can anybody take a quick look at theirs and see if they are identical to mine. I'm worried because the cover to the bolt that holds the arm on was missing. I'm worried the dealer swapped the arm out for some strange reason.

post-137794-0-67378000-1420423508_thumb.png

post-137794-0-46210600-1420423520_thumb.png

Just checked mine they are the same way

thank you. now I'm confused. online it says driver and passenger use the same wiper, with the PTB adaptor, which i have, but theres no way it fits, i had to shave some off so that it would fit, now it feels loose.

Well that's weird I've never had mine off sorry I couldn't be of more help

I wonder. How could one warranty wipers and end up with rain-x brand ?

Edited by tbarn

exactly why i was asking. seemed weird to me too. my truck was the managers program truck, the car fax shows the wipers replaced, but they are indeed stamped rain-x.

I replaced my wipers a couple months ago with rain-x ones from wal mart. Had the same issue, one went on fine, the other side would not fit properly. I ended up trimming the connector on the blade assembly so that it would fit, but the defect is with the truck, making the bracket not conform to the standard.

just bought my 14 All terrain a few days ago. they told me they replaced the wipers under warranty. i noticed that the driver side looked like it wasn't properly installed so i popped it off and inspected it. i had trouble getting it reinstalled. i noticed both the driver and passenger were the same. they were 22 inch rain-x wipers. i could get the passenger side on easy, but the drivers side arm was different. it had a curve towards the back causing it to hit the wiper mount so that it wouldn't lock in correctly. i attached some pics. can anybody take a quick look at theirs and see if they are identical to mine. I'm worried because the cover to the bolt that holds the arm on was missing. I'm worried the dealer swapped the arm out for some strange reason.

OK, I figured this out today. I purchased Rain-X Latitude 22 wiper blades which have adapters in the kit, so I assumed they fit my 2014 Silverado, but Rainx.com does not show that they fit. I had the same trouble with the drivers side as others here. By the way, the Latitude 22 do fit my old 2011 and my son's 2010 Silverado.

Rainx.com does show Expert Fit B-22-2 Beam Style wiper blades will fit. I got a set at Walmart today and they are perfect. So if you want Rain-X wipers, these Expert Fit are the ticket...

I went and bought Rain-X latitude wipers also and found the adapters do not work with the arms we have on our trucks. I took them back and bought Michelin Stealth.

Does anyone else have issues with the wipers making that screech across the windshield? My originals did it and the new ones do it also but not as bad. I've treated with Rain-X and only helped. Just curious?