In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
850silverado575

Cruise control to no/partial low beam

Ok, so first I noticed my cruise control became intermittent and now has officially stopped working. Shortly after my passenger side HID low started to get dimmer, like noticeably dimmer since it's a 10k. Driver side works just fine. Fog HIDs work fine. Then the other morning I noticed the passenger low turn on, on start up for 1sec, then immediately turn off. Thinking it was a start up issue, I rotated the light switch thinking it just needed to get some juice, still nothing. I'm thinking there is a correlation, but from just looking at the wires I cant see a short. I tried doing a search and can't find anything. I've seen suggestions for the relay harness, I'll try that when I get back from TDY, but was hoping for some help if someone else has had this issue. I ruled out it was the ballast since it does turn on, but it turns off to low power... Safe assumption? It's an OPT7 10k HID low setup, anti flicker ballasts, just no relay installed. Is it possible just that side isn't getting enough power form the battery? I checked fuse 16 before I left and it was still good. Do I need to switch the fuse to a 20? Go to a yellow top battery? Possible alternator? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, it's an '07 Silverado.

No one can guess as to wtf you're driving and what's a mod or not !!

• Like 1

850silverado575 - just talking the cruise control (cc). I had an 08 tahoe and couldn't figure out why the cc was intermittently going on and off. Found out the cc correlation with the brake pedal had a loose connection. A mechanic said he took the screw out a turn and everything worked fine after that. (I didn't take a look but for him to do that it would have been some sort of cable supported with a nut)

Don't guess with the electrical stuff, have a mechanic run an electrical diagnostic (had one done at PeP Boys for about 20 bucks). This may eliminate or confirm some things.

Edited by The Zip

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Marissa Danielle Greer
      I have a 2017 Yukon XL Denali and it came with HID bulbs for the Low Beam. They...are... TERRIBLE at night. They are OSRAM XENARC 66340HBI D3S 35W and I can't see more than a few feet in front of me and barley at all if its raining. I want to replace the low beams with LEDs ( Already replaced the high beams with LEDs). The issue I am running into is that the wiring harness is not the same for the HID and the LED. Is there a conversion kit I can get to make them work? I have H11 LEDs that are plug and play (as that was it said was correct for my low beams, but realized when I got in that they were HID and not halogen. Any help would be appreciated. 
    • By Rado5.319
      This diode installation allows all of the lights to remain on simultaneously when the high beams are activated on GM vehicles. The diode is super easy to install, you need $2 and 10 minutes. 9 of those minutes will be spent congratulating yourself.After diode placement your lights will function as follows:
      In auto mode- whenever your lights come on automatically the fogs will be on also. Low Beams & Fogs- Only Low Beams & Fogs will be on High Beams- Low Beams, Fog Lights, & High Beams will all be on (normally by default)  The vehicle turns off the fogs when in high beam mode, but this diode solves that. MAKE SURE THE SIDE OF THE DIODE WITHOUT THE STRIPE IS IN THE 10 PIN. The diode allows electricity to travel in only one direction. 

• By fondupot
      I just upgraded the HID bulbs in my 2016 Silverado. The stock 25W HIDs were not cutting it for me. I installed a set of 35W Morimoto D5S bulbs and they are much better. Check out my install video below.

• By mikejones68
      Is it possible to put OEM DENALI HID on Yukon SLT? 
    • By James Strickland
      Low-beam headlights keep burning out after a few months on my 2010 Silverado.  Or, so I thought.  Been having the low-beams go out every few months.  I buy new ones and they work great for a few months.  The driver's side  low-beam has been out for a few weeks.  Then the passenger side low-beam also went out and the same day... the driver's side low-beam came back on.  I didn't replace the bulb.  They're both out now.  I thought I was blowing the bulbs somehow.  But, now I'm wondering if it's an electrical issue.  But, if that's the case, why do new bulbs always work?

Any help is appreciated!