In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Zane

2016 Cascada is Buick's first convertible in 25 years

BuickCascada_1.jpeg

By Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

1/12/2015

Buick will sell a drop top model in the United States for the first time in a quarter-century. Meet the 2016 Cascada, a 2+2 convertible that will go on sale in about a year.

BuickCascada_2.jpegBuickCascada_3.jpeg

The 2016 Buick Cascada will feature:

• A 1.6L 200-horsepower turbocharged I4 engine
  • Thermally and acoustically insulated cloth top lowers in only 17 seconds
  • Top operates at speeds up to 31mph
  • HiPer Strunt front suspension / Watts Z-link rear suspension

• Rollover protection bars deploy when a rollover is detected

• Lane Departure Warning, rear park assist, rearview camera, and Rainsense wipers are available

• Standard 20-inch wheels

• Electric belt presenters use telescopic arms to slide belt forward to easy access

• Electronic rear seat entry system

• Buick IntelliLink with a seven-inch LCD screen, Siri Eyes Free, and text message alerts

• OnStar 4G with built in Wifi Hotspot

• Rear storage space provides 13.4 cubic feet with the top up and 9.8 cubic feet with the top down

BuickCascada_4.jpegBuickCascada_5.jpeg

"The Cadcada's design blends the suggestion of speed with sophisticated and uncompromising details," said Holt Ware, Buick exterior design director. "Most Convertibles are designed from existing coupes or sedans, meaning stowage of the top is an afterthought, but not this Buick. It looks handsome and has a premium appearance when the top is lowered - and a perfect, seamless profile when it's up."

BuickCascada_6.jpegBuickCascada_7.jpeg

BuickCascada_1.jpeg

BuickCascada_2.jpeg

BuickCascada_3.jpeg

BuickCascada_4.jpeg

BuickCascada_5.jpeg

BuickCascada_6.jpeg

BuickCascada_7.jpeg

BuickCascada_1.jpeg

BuickCascada_2.jpeg

BuickCascada_3.jpeg

BuickCascada_4.jpeg

BuickCascada_5.jpeg

BuickCascada_6.jpeg

BuickCascada_7.jpeg

BuickCascada_1.jpeg

BuickCascada_2.jpeg

BuickCascada_3.jpeg

BuickCascada_4.jpeg

BuickCascada_5.jpeg

BuickCascada_6.jpeg

BuickCascada_7.jpeg

• Like 1

A 1.6L 200-horsepower turbocharged I4 engine

if this Engine is Similar to a Family 1 Engine, the Aveo Tuning Scene may have just found the Performance Silver Bullet they have been longing for!

Edited by 09LowesSilverado

I was hoping to hear Buick announce their mid sized SUV for 2016. They already have it in China, and should be here. My wife is needing to upgrade her ride in 2016 and that would be perfect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      9-11-2019

General Motors has announced that NHTSA is mandating a safety recall for the following vehicles:
      2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Pickups (1500 / 2500 / 3500) 2015-2018 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Yukon vehicles  2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade  
      NHTSA reports that the amount of vacuum created by the vacuum pump may decrease over time. The group says that as the vacuum level drops, the brake assist decreases, and that this increasing braking effort, extending the distance required to stop the vehicle, thereby increasing the risk of a crash. This new recall covers 3.4 million vehicles. 

The Problem: The brake pump uses engine oil to lubricate itself. If the pump becomes clogged with engine oil sludge the units ability to create vaccum is diminished over time. As a result, braking force and ability also drops. The issue is usually accompanied by a "Service Brake Assist" warning message in the dash. 

The Fix: GM will reprogram the computer that controls the secondary brake assist pump. The secondary pump will now activate at lower speeds and different situations quicker to compensate for any lost output from the main pump. Since the pumps are not failing, GM has decided not to replace them.

GM's number for this recall is N192268490. In compliance with federal law, GM will notify owners, typically by snail mail. GM says that its dealers will reprogram the Electronic Brake Control Module. However, GM has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-630-2438, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782.

If you own one of these vehicles and wish to check to see if your vehicle is included (or not) you can do so at this link immediately.

As with every safety recall, customers will not be charged by GM for the needed repairs or modifications. 

NHTSA's public information on this issue indicates that many accidents have been reported to NHTSA including some with injuries. This recall is the result of a NHTSA investigation that lasted nearly a year. In its investigation report, NHTSA noted the following details about the problem:

• By midwestdenaliguy
      **SOLD**
      2016-2018 GMC Sierra Elevation grille that's been professionally painted black. This is a brand new OEM grille. I ordered it and decided to go with a different style grille, absolutely nothing wrong with this grille. Shipping to continental US is free, local pick-up near St Louis MO. Price is $500.

• By Apprentice345
      Hi everyone,

So since my purchase of a 2016 Silverado 1500 in May the main problem I've had with the truck is its inconsistent ride quality. The truck is a WT with power windows and locks. Cloth seats. And vinyl floor.

The truck only has 27000 miles, well kept and maintained. Used as a commuter truck to work, aswell as work on the side (Electrician). Truck was purchased with only 22000 miles on it. No issues other than leaking pinion seal which is in the process of being fixed. 

At first I thought it was the tires so I had them balanced, rotated, and had an alignment done. While that helped it didnt fix the issue at hand which is how hard this truck drives

It's a very uncomfortable ride at all speeds. Even on freshly paved highways and roads it still drives rough. What defines "rough" is the hitting of minor bumps. It can be just an ever so slight crack in the road to minor pits. I've done some testing and drove another vehicle (An f-150) down those same roads and had no where near as much of a impact and hit as my own truck. Now it's not a major impact like hitting something that you really shouldnt. But it's very unsettling and jarring at times as you would be driving the same roads you have been for years in different vehicles, and when you least expect it feel a nice jolt in your back when you usually wouldnt. 

If you need more understanding, put a handful of change in the compartment under the AC controls and drive around.

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the stock suspension that comes along with the truck. Should I try out new shocks? Is there anything else I should try? I have no clue what to do and where to start but driving 45 minutes to work with the truck makes my back hurt as much as after an 8 hour day of work. 

Thanks
    • By Mackenzie Jesse Griffin
      Yes!  I too have a 2016 Chevy Silverado and the rear seatbelt had a issue with the plastic piece falling off of it.  The part up top by the window,  it would snap off all the time and the seatbelt would not stay tight.  Then l had it fixed at dealer for $50!! A day later it broke off again.  It is not a good make for seatbelt cover and now the middle rear seat belt is also stuck out all the way retracted.  I contacted GM and my senior services manager over the case or whoever it was,  was completely rude and unconcerned!  Told me no recal, out of warranty so I guess I have to pay $155 to fix both parts of it now.  I see others have this same problem and other types of GM and Chevy models have rear seatbelt recalls but not the Silverado!!  Thanks GM, I will keep paying out of pocket for something that breaks off continuously and risk my children’s safety or have to sell my lemon of a car.  GM has the worst costumer service I have ever came across!!! Especially seeing they have issues with other like models and risk people’s safety and $$ by not making it a fixable recall.   Should have gone with the Nissan Armada I originally wanted.
    • By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-10-2019
      The 2020 Enclave Premium and Avenir trims from Buick will up the ante this coming year. Buick is offering massage front seats in these trims. Massage seats have long been one of the benchmarks we at GM-Trucks.com look for in a vehicle that claim to be luxury vehicles. Two others are a heated steering wheel and Android Auto. 

“Buyers are choosing the Buick Enclave because it is everything they want in a premium crossover with its distinct styling, quality and driving dynamics,” said Phil Brook, vice president of Buick and GMC marketing. “For the 2020 model year, we’re upping the comfort with available massaging seats, bringing in a new and different look for customers with Sport Touring and enhancing our in-vehicle technology to provide more of what these customers want.”

The combination of Android Auto, massage front seats, and a heated steering wheel are not available on any current Lexus, Rolls Royce, or BMW vehicle sold in America.  Maybe someday they will earn our luxury designation...