AUX switch install

34 minutes ago, Mwestrum said:

Any tips from the experts on how to remove the individual buttons from the housing. 

I have two switches that I want to mix and match. 

this is a link, the video is still not publicly available...

On 3/15/2019 at 2:57 AM, Darksky said:

15 Blue Silverado- can you add some details and an update as to longevity of the 1” LEDs you added for landing and aux back up lights? Are the reverse lights in the steps practical  for beam pattern and throw? On my truck it seems like they would angle outwards to 5/7  more than directly to the rear. Can you post pics of the mount locations for the step lights? Did you ever add wheel well lights?

Maybe you could add these updates in your build thread.  Thanks, Dark.   Ooorraaah.

sorry for the thread hijack. ?

The 1" LEDs in the rear bumper steps I got off Amazon, dirt cheap, came in a pack of 4. Those I just wired into the reverse lights, one at each light. The pigtails that came pre-installed with the LEDs were just long enough. They throw pretty good light for what they are and its more to the left and right rather than straight to the rear. I got them to light up the steps though, cause I like to do a lot of night fishing and where I go it's pitch black, so they help for that. For the step lights, I used a bed-light kit I got from Auto Zone for like $25. Those I tapped into the trailer harness and I put a switch in the bed as well so I can turn them off and on from there. 

I still haven't added the wheel well lights yet, been doing some research on which ones to go with still. Not sure if I want RGB or just single color. 

Yeah, I do need to update my build thread, thanks. 

Rear step light_driver.jpg

Rear step light_passenger.jpg

Reverse lights_night.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2015 at 6:38 PM, smcgillis10 said:

Just got them. And my truck wasn't fitted for the switch so the wires aren't there. So the other post about the blue/green wires don't apply to all trucks. Only trucks with the option installed. So I soldered tw8c1932cd7d0e74aaae999e195812c640.jpgc1f5aea365d9f3a612ec63496f1cbf89.jpg29668bc92941f1cc93f786c2192ce79e.jpg

this saved me so much time and allowed me to figure it out thank you so much

• 1 month later...

I love the information posted here!

I drive a '18 Sierra SLE for work that I travel home in daily. I'm adding many lights, going for the upfitter switches. I'll be installing them myself. Planning the process out now.

My truck has T/C, bed lamps & HDC(hill decent control). I found and ordered this switch. 

Picture below 

Now trying to find a "narrow" profile HDC switch to replace my new switches #3 position CNG switch.

It's a lot to do, but I'm willing to go for it!

Thanks for your advice and help.

Jim

Screenshot_20190521-122609_Chrome.jpg

Hello All,

I stayed up very late last night to pan through the entire topic. I am getting all my parts together.

23145191 switch (perfect line up of options for my truck)

relay/ fuse box (engine compartment)

connector pins for X1 (10-13)

What size / gage  wire should I use with those pins at X1?

What size / gage wire should I use at the relay/ fuse box?

Thanks for all the great advice, I'm moving forward with confidence and the extra "diods".

Jim

On 5/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, Jim Fleck said:

TC,CARGO LIGHTS, HDC, AUX1-4

Thank you for the quick response!

Jim

Screenshot_20190528-094000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just ordered the same one myself, I have a 2017 1500 with the 3 button configuration, and this was like finding the holy grail!

Now to figure out what to wire to all these locations... I have 1 and 2 figured out but 3/4 I'm not quite sure what to do with yet???