In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

The New Rigid Industry Fog Light Mounts for the 2014-2015 SILVERADOs is out

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

I'm disappointed that the new bracket isn't for the D2 lights....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little lights for such a big hole.

That hole needs these

big%20DOT%20leds_zpsocluoom6.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New Rigid Industry Fog Light Mounts for the 2014-2015 SILVERADOs is out

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

I'm disappointed that the new bracket isn't for the D2 lights....

Well looks like once I settle on HID lows, the VLEDS are going in the fogs. What a let down!

• 2 weeks later...

These fog lights are a welcome addition to my poor headlight function. For leveling, I installed the driver's side light and then parked 6 feet away from the wall in my garage and compared the heights of the Rigid to the factory. My factory lights were too low to start with. I didn't use a dremel. I used a utility knife to cut the original fog light shroud and a mini hacksaw to make room for the Rigid on the passenger side. I drilled pilot holes and then the recommended size holes - 11/32" if I remember correctly. This did result in some excess plastic on the inside around the screw holes that made it difficult to get the washer and nut on the screw. The simple fix was taking the blade out of the utility knife and shaving that extra plastic off. Easy install, especially with making the fog light jumpers ahead of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished my DOT install. Pretty straight forward. I purchased a harness to connect to the factory fog switch so I didn't have to cut into the wires. Took one of the ends off the harness and soldered it together with the rigid wires before hand. Used some shrink tubes and silicone tape to waterproof the connection. Toughest part was reaching the top screws. I couldn't figure out a way to fit a wrench back there to make sure the lock nuts were tight so I hope they hold. I'll check them in a month or so to make sure they aren't loosening up. Was pretty surprised how easy it was especially because I've never done anything like this before. If anyone has some questions feel free to ask.

f08a6b7220bf3090b1837abc533d6e61.jpg

It would be nice if Rigid would make a bracket for the Silverado that could use their more popular lights. I may fab a bracket for these lights to replace my factory fogs.

I wish they would too. I've emailed them twice asking if they would be offering a bracket for these lights specifically, but they never responded to either one which is disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well measuring my truck is looks like the D-series lights won't fit at least with the plastic surround cover in place. I gave up and just ordered the Rigid Silverado bracket this AM and Rigid SR-Q2 lights in driving pattern. 3000+ lumens each. :noway: I'm still going to measure the rigid bracket when I get it apart and see if it could be modified along with the plastic surround to shoehorn in a D2 in which case I'd move the SR-Q2 lights to the grille.

Well measuring my truck is looks like the D-series lights won't fit at least with the plastic surround cover in place. I gave up and just ordered the Rigid Silverado bracket this AM and Rigid SR-Q2 lights in driving pattern. 3000+ lumens each. :noway: I'm still going to measure the rigid bracket when I get it apart and see if it could be modified along with the plastic surround to shoehorn in a D2 in which case I'd move the SR-Q2 lights to the grille.

Keep us updated would like to know if this works [emoji106]

I'd also like to see how the SR lights would look in the Silverado housing. Now that I finally have HID lows I need to work on my fogs so I can use them again

I'd also like to see how the SR lights would look in the Silverado housing. Now that I finally have HID lows I need to work on my fogs so I can use them again

SR lights wouldn't be able to be used on the street. It would blind all oncoming drivers unless Rigid makes an SR version of the DOT pods.

Got the Rigid bracket installed on my '14 Silverado 1500. Ignore the fog that's water between the protective lense and the rigid light itself-wasn't about to let $300+ SRQ2's go naked. Anyways the Rigid bracket is simply an L shaped bracket which mounts onto the backside of where 2 of the 3 stock mounting points are for the factory fog lamps. If you were to trim the black plastic bezel (which is detachable) you should easily have room for a Taller D series lamp. I'm going to put D2 SAE fogs in these brackets and move my SRQ2's to the grille.

The SRQ2's in driving pattern are amazing but too bright for use with low beams. However to prove a point I drove with them on a short distance and wasn't flashed once-just because you don't get flashed it doesn't mean your lighting is ok.

post-204-0-52685400-1429488516_thumb.jpg

post-204-0-74987100-1429488530_thumb.jpg

Archived