In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rigid is pretty tight on their pricing. But on Amazon they are a $213 for the lights

http://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industries-D-Series-Certified-Housing/dp/B00Q1RS83M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421799817&sr=8-1&keywords=rigid+50481

and the brackets are $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industries-46511-Fog-Light/dp/B00LIAYSLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421799942&sr=8-1&keywords=rigid+46511

Dang....maybe I need to jump on these now. Amazon pricing fluctuates....

This is what I did I looked on rigid a site to make sure what I needed then went to eBay and ordered they are a bit cheaper that I way I also bought a ps24wff wire harness so I could plug directly into the factory fog lights 7.99 for a pair and it saves you from splicing into stock

It would be nice if Rigid would make a bracket for the Silverado that could use their more popular lights. I may fab a bracket for these lights to replace my factory fogs.

Maybe this is a stupid question but can you use the mount for the dodges those will let you run dual d2 lights on each side not sure how they fit though

Maybe this is a stupid question but can you use the mount for the dodges those will let you run dual d2 lights on each side not sure how they fit though

Look back at post #174 and 175 in this thread. You could get two D2 size lights in there with more trimming and work. It will be tight and not the easiest thing to aim them both properly though with so little space around them. Moving/aiming the D2's (like any aftermarket bracketed light) up and down in their bracket is a trial and error thing when aiming as once you overcome friction break them free they can move bunch and sometimes it takes quite a bit of force to get them to move which will make the bracket flex taking up more space. I didn't describe that the best, but hope it helps.

This is what I did I looked on rigid a site to make sure what I needed then went to eBay and ordered they are a bit cheaper that I way I also bought a ps24wff wire harness so I could plug directly into the factory fog lights 7.99 for a pair and it saves you from splicing into stock

Having some difficulty identifying the correct harness on Ebay. Can you provide a link to what you used or a part number? Do these harnesses have plugs on both ends?

• 2 months later...

So I got mine installed. Worked for roughly 15 minutes and then shut off. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to check the solder connections tomorrow but I can't see that being the case given I soldered them.

Note: I had my headlights unplugged since I am working on them. Not sure if this would be the issue or not.

I soldered mine without disconnecting the headlights and had no issues. Did you check fuses?

So I got mine installed. Worked for roughly 15 minutes and then shut off. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to check the solder connections tomorrow but I can't see that being the case given I soldered them.

Note: I had my headlights unplugged since I am working on them. Not sure if this would be the issue or not.

I soldered mine without disconnecting the headlights and had no issues. Did you check fuses?

What I meant by the headlight being disconnected was that they were disconnected while the fog lights were on.

I just went and chalked the fuse (#49) according the the back of the fuse box panel and it's good. What's odd is that they both are off. It's not just one like if the connection was bad on one. It's both of them.

That is odd. Do you have a volt meter to check for voltage at both lights? Are all other lights working normally? Low and high beam switch?

What I meant by the headlight being disconnected was that they were disconnected while the fog lights were on.

I just went and chalked the fuse (#49) according the the back of the fuse box panel and it's good. What's odd is that they both are off. It's not just one like if the connection was bad on one. It's both of them.

That is odd. Do you have a volt meter to check for voltage at both lights? Are all other lights working normally? Low and high beam switch?

I dont have a volt meter, but i can take the factory fog light and plug it in to see if it gets power. My friend may have a volt meter that i can borrow to check them.

The high/low switch currently does not work due to the fact that the headlights are not plugged in. I can flip the switch to the highs, but since the projector/headlight has no power, the dash does not register that the highs are on (no blue high beam light appears on the dash). Do you think this could be the problem? Its weird that they worked for 15 minutes though prior and then just shut off. I was driving down my neighborhood road prior to this and everything seemed fine. They did flickered once, but im not sure what the cause was. Then when parked, the lights were on and the next second they were both off.

Ok. I'm getting nothing at the plugs going to the fog lights. I pulled the bumper harness and tested the main plug and nothing. I checked at the fuse and I'm getting 14 volts. Any ideas or suggestions? Are there any relays or anything after the 15amp fuse that may have gone bad?

Ok. I'm getting nothing at the plugs going to the fog lights. I pulled the bumper harness and tested the main plug and nothing. I checked at the fuse and I'm getting 14 volts. Any ideas or suggestions? Are there any relays or anything after the 15amp fuse that may have gone bad?

Check for a fog light relay in the main fuse box, if not check your grounds or a break in the wire somewhere

Check for a fog light relay in the main fuse box, if not check your grounds or a break in the wire somewhere

The main fuse box is the fuse box under the hood correct? If so, I looked through the list and I didn't see anything that said fog light relay. It did have 3 relays that said something along the lines of "frontend" but I have no clue which one it would be and Im a bit timid to just pull them while the truck is running.

The main fuse box is the fuse box under the hood correct? If so, I looked through the list and I didn't see anything that said fog light relay. It did have 3 relays that said something along the lines of "frontend" but I have no clue which one it would be and Im a bit timid to just pull them while the truck is running.

Yes, and they aren't specifically labeled? I couldn't imagine them being in the driver side fuse panel

Archived