Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

I want to do this on my Silverado looks like everyone is a Sierra so far.

I think for the larger opening it would take the 6 inch light and the bracket I haven't called to ask rigid nor have I measured. Can anyone confirm this?

Lights http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/106612

Bracket http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you found a plug so you don't have to cut the factory harness??

Just go on Amazon and type in PS24W Harness.

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Harness-Insalling-Ballast-Conversion/dp/B00E9HUS1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421855734&sr=8-1&keywords=ps24w+harness

That one will work. You only need 1. Plug one end into the stock fog lights and cut the other end. Then cut the Rigid OEM wires and connect black to black and red to red. I think it was easier than stripping the OEM fog light wires and was worth the money to me.

Just go on Amazon and type in PS24W Harness.

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Harness-Insalling-Ballast-Conversion/dp/B00E9HUS1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421855734&sr=8-1&keywords=ps24w+harness

That one will work. You only need 1. Plug one end into the stock fog lights and cut the other end. Then cut the Rigid OEM wires and connect black to black and red to red. I think it was easier then stripping the OEM fog light wires and was worth the money.

Perfect! Appreciate it! Got it ordered!

I want to do this on my Silverado looks like everyone is a Sierra so far.

I think for the larger opening it would take the 6 inch light and the bracket I haven't called to ask rigid nor have I measured. Can anyone confirm this?

Lights http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/106612

Bracket http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

Looks like it's gonna be a lot more expensive for the Silverado owners who go that route than it was for us Sierra owners. Although, that 6" bar is going to give you way more light than the pods have.

For the ones that already have these installed, did you wire these to your fog light button or did you wire it to a completely different switch?? I was thinking if i just did a separate switch i could have these on with the high beams as well. Just looking for opinions on what yall think is better... thanks

oh and i got these lights in today and my harness will be here friday. i'll post pics asap!

For the ones that already have these installed, did you wire these to your fog light button or did you wire it to a completely different switch?? I was thinking if i just did a separate switch i could have these on with the high beams as well. Just looking for opinions on what yall think is better... thanks

oh and i got these lights in today and my harness will be here friday. i'll post pics asap!

Why not do the 'Fogs with highbeams' mod?

There's an easy mod to get the fogs on with high beams. You basically jump the circuits at the fuses. Do a search here and you'll find it. It will cost you about 8 bucks for a resistor and it will keep the ability to toggle the fogs on and off as normal with oem switch.

2015 Denali 3500 DRW, Michelin ltx, 4x4

I'm trying to figure out if these give off more light output on the road than my 25w fog HID's do. I may consider doing this but it's a trade off, for the price, only if it's a better light output.

Those 25w hid fogs shouldn't be used in traffic. If your looking looking for the brightest legal option these would be it. They are legal to use on road and because their more focused where you need it, they should appear brighter. Look at Mike1220's post from above when his hid headlights went out and he used them to drive home. Can't ask for much more than that imo.

I'm trying to figure out if these give off more light output on the road than my 25w fog HID's do. I may consider doing this but it's a trade off, for the price, only if it's a better light output.

I had 25W HIDS fogs at one point. They are a big flood light and I didn't find them to do too much as far as useful light on the road.

These pods are much better IMO

Those pics you posted do look better than some peoples headlights imo. I also like that they are instant bright light unlike HID's that have to warm up. I may be parting with my fog halo's soon :(, maybe I can find a way to mount them on a pod lol.

There's an easy mod to get the fogs on with high beams. You basically jump the circuits at the fuses. Do a search here and you'll find it. It will cost you about 8 bucks for a resistor and it will keep the ability to toggle the fogs on and off as normal with oem switch.

It's actually done at the BCM plug and I paid $1 for 50 diodes shipped from china lol

Archived