Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

I was on the fence until I saw those shots Mike took! Freaking awesome!

Btw, Mike did you fix your hids?

2015 Denali 3500 DRW, Michelin ltx, 4x4

Haven't had a chance. I'm at school and haven't gotten to go look at everything nor do I have any tools with me to do much. I probably won't look into it much and i will just survive off of my DOT pods or switch back to stick halogens until my LMZ headlights come in.

Those pics you posted do look better than some peoples headlights imo. I also like that they are instant bright light unlike HID's that have to warm up. I may be parting with my fog halo's soon :(, maybe I can find a way to mount them on a pod lol.

You could even switch to a square pod halo. Pending how much I like my LMZ headlights I may have a local shop install my halos and send to Phil later when I want the projectors retrofitted.the shop already said that they don't retrofit projectors.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading about your failure I found the thread about all the hid problems... I may just hold out and see how you like the LMZs before I rip apart my headlights. (I have the FXR projector and 50w 6k's waiting ar home).

It's crazy that you have fogs that can work as a back up headlight! Really speaks to they're effectiveness!

If only rigid would come out with the Silverado brackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at post # 31. Looks like the Silverado's have the option to put in 12 LED light for a little more than double the cost but I'm sure it puts out a lot more light too...

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/106612

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

Take a look at post # 31. Looks like the Silverado's have the option to put in 12 LED light for a little more than double the cost but I'm sure it puts out a lot more light too...

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/106612

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

I've seen that post but the bracket which you supplied the link to is marked as coming soon for the silverado. I know a member here came out with a how to to make 2 of the Rigid dualies on his Silverado but I don't want to to the cutting involved that he did.

It's actually done at the BCM plug and I paid $1 for 50 diodes shipped from china lol

I could use one of the 49 extras you have.

Even after doing the 35Watt HID kit (which is a big improvement) I'm nowhere near the driveability of my 2010 Sierra.

And thanks Ace Tango. Just ordered the plug from Amazon. Should be a quick install. just with someone had pics of what has to get cut to do this. Supposed to be so easy even a caveman can do it. I just can't find a caveman with a box cutter in my neighborhood.

After reading about your failure I found the thread about all the hid problems... I may just hold out and see how you like the LMZs before I rip apart my headlights. (I have the FXR projector and 50w 6k's waiting ar home).

It's crazy that you have fogs that can work as a back up headlight! Really speaks to they're effectiveness!

Exactly what I was thinking! Now that I have used these fogs as headlights, I've realized their effectiveness! And at 75MPH it's easy to come up on something quick but I could see pretty well up to about 80-100 ft away. The lights are more impressive than I first thought them to be.

I have a pair of FX-R projectors waiting in my closet with some 50W HIDs but if I like these LMZ bulbs enough, I'm gonna part with the HIDs but hang on to the new projectors (maybe) and get them retrofitted this summer. Not sure. I may even keep the stock projector if I like the beam pattern enough in there.

Now that I think of it, I can even get a D2S ring for the LMZ and see how much the beam differs and see if it's worth getting the projector retrofitted. Better to spend $10 for just a ring and decide I don't like it than spend $300 and 3 weeks of waiting and then decide I don't like it.

Exactly what I was thinking! Now that I have used these fogs as headlights, I've realized their effectiveness! And at 75MPH it's easy to come up on something quick but I could see pretty well up to about 80-100 ft away. The lights are more impressive than I first thought them to be.

I have a pair of FX-R projectors waiting in my closet with some 50W HIDs but if I like these LMZ bulbs enough, I'm gonna part with the HIDs but hang on to the new projectors (maybe) and get them retrofitted this summer. Not sure. I may even keep the stock projector if I like the beam pattern enough in there.

Now that I think of it, I can even get a D2S ring for the LMZ and see how much the beam differs and see if it's worth getting the projector retrofitted. Better to spend $10 for just a ring and decide I don't like it than spend $300 and 3 weeks of waiting and then decide I don't like it.

Hmmm. Like I did! Lol.

I drive big ass trailers all over the US and reliability is king for me. Nothing worse than a headlight failure in the mountains of Colorado or the back woods of Alabama with a 37k lbs 50' rig!

I have similar leds in the low beams in my '14 Ram 3500 and they reflect better than hids imo. So I shall pester the shit out of you until you post some more pics! Lol. I ordered the fogs today... Thanks for that.

And thanks Ace Tango. Just ordered the plug from Amazon. Should be a quick install. just with someone had pics of what has to get cut to do this. Supposed to be so easy even a caveman can do it. I just can't find a caveman with a box cutter in my neighborhood.

I used a mini hacksaw to cut out the old fogs and the plastic piece on the passenger side. I started with the Dremel then a utility knife and finally mini hacksaw. The mini hacksaw was a lot easier. What I cut out did not look like what was pictured with the instructions. After you cut the passenger fog out just stick the saw through the circular hole and cut away. The plastic piece is large but you only need to notch it out enough to make room for the new fogs to fit. It really was very easy and you should not worry about it. It will make sense once you do it.

I used this.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-15-809-Metal-Mini-Hacksaw/dp/B00002X22M/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1421891464&sr=1-1&keywords=small+hacksaw

Is anyone running these in cold conditions? ie. snow/ice...my concern is the same with the v-leds, they dont get warm enough to melt any snow or ice. Which they will definitely pick up from the road being that low.

OK, I am picking these up tomorrow as I am local in Phoenix, I would like to take some usable pictures that benefit this group, and would like some ideas as to what types of pictures you all would like to see.

Before / After: Dirt Road

Before / After: Pavement

Beam Distance / Spread Measurements

Note the picture of the lights against the wall (below link) , were taken at a distance of 60ft:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50481

What all would you like to see?

OK, I am picking these up tomorrow as I am local in Phoenix, I would like to take some usable pictures that benefit this group, and would like some ideas as to what types of pictures you all would like to see.

Before / After: Dirt Road

Before / After: Pavement

Beam Distance / Spread Measurements

Note the picture of the lights against the wall (below link) , were taken at a distance of 60ft:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50481

What all would you like to see?

I think that one of the best things would be to get a comparison of the OEM fog lights vs the DOT pods against a wall, also a picture showing the OEMs vs the DOTs for output on the road/in a dark parking lot/on a dirt road. I think that would be the best picture to post to show the difference for those ppl who aren't 100% sure if they want to spend the coin on these

Archived