Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

Anybody else have a problem ordering their lights from Amazon? I ordered my set on Jan 21st and I've received two messages from Amazon that the shipment information can't be confirmed by the merchant. According to Amazon, the merchant is Internet-Sales...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us Silverado guys, I got this email a few minutes ago:

6a834b8204acf02f6aedcb80b1f6be11.jpg

I'm first in line for these come March!!

Same here... It seems like rigid usb the only ones having QC problems... I am waiting for a set of steps that GO Rhino just came out with at SEMA and they are saying the exact same thing.. ...

A few install tips:

1. Just as an FYI, before you start breaking out tools, make sure you inventory all the bolts / nuts that come with the GM Mounting kit. I got halfway in and relied that Rigid had included the wrong Screws with a mix of thread types. Additionally I was missing the #8 Nuts, but had a bag of #6's. I went to HomeDepot and got the right parts but for a $60.00 set of brackets I am pretty disappointed that I was sent either the wrong parts or missing parts.

The kit is supposed to include:

1. 8 Socket Button Head Screws #8-32 X 1/2 Stainless Steel
  2. 8 Nyloc Nut #8-32 Stainless Steel
  3. 8 Washers #8 Stainless Steel
  4. 4 Socket Button Hed Screw M6X1 x 30mm Stainless Steel
  5. 4 Plastic Unthreaded Spacers
  6. 4 Nyloc Nut M6 Flange

2. The passenger side top Screws can be a pain in the ass to tighten from the back, instead, tilt the light as far back as you can, this will allow you to access the top Nuts from the front of your rig vs, underneath. A flex head ratchet or wrench will make this very easy to do.

3. Once installed, you might want to do some subtle adjustments / aming of the beams. To do this right, you will want two people, one to aim, and the other to tighten the light to the bracket.

• Once installed, the light may sit crocked in the bracket, IE not parallel to the ground which is apparent in the dark, to properly adjust each light, I used two wood shims, (two puddy knives would work) so that the light sits level in the housing.
  • Once centered and aligned, you can have one person aim the light, up/down/left/right, while the second person tightens the bolts to the bracket.

20150128 105139

20150128 105131

Just got and email from rigid telling me to complete my order by January 31st at midnight and I can get 5% off. Had the dot lights and brackets in a cart online earlier in the week, but hadn't checked out

The code is jancart15 if anyone wants to try it out!

-Skeet

A few install tips:

1. Just as an FYI, before you start breaking out tools, make sure you inventory all the bolts / nuts that come with the GM Mounting kit. I got halfway in and relied that Rigid had included the wrong Screws with a mix of thread types. Additionally I was missing the #8 Nuts, but had a bag of #6's. I went to HomeDepot and got the right parts but for a $60.00 set of brackets I am pretty disappointed that I was sent either the wrong parts or missing parts.

The kit is supposed to include:

1. 8 Socket Button Head Screws #8-32 X 1/2 Stainless Steel
  2. 8 Nyloc Nut #8-32 Stainless Steel
  3. 8 Washers #8 Stainless Steel
  4. 4 Socket Button Hed Screw M6X1 x 30mm Stainless Steel
  5. 4 Plastic Unthreaded Spacers
  6. 4 Nyloc Nut M6 Flange

2. The passenger side top Screws can be a pain in the ass to tighten from the back, instead, tilt the light as far back as you can, this will allow you to access the top Nuts from the front of your rig vs, underneath. A flex head ratchet or wrench will make this very easy to do.

3. Once installed, you might want to do some subtle adjustments / aming of the beams. To do this right, you will want two people, one to aim, and the other to tighten the light to the bracket.

• Once installed, the light may sit crocked in the bracket, IE not parallel to the ground which is apparent in the dark, to properly adjust each light, I used two wood shims, (two puddy knives would work) so that the light sits level in the housing.
  • Once centered and aligned, you can have one person aim the light, up/down/left/right, while the second person tightens the bolts to the bracket.

Does the Rigid kit involve any cutting? My truck is a lease so i dont want drill or cutting holes in the bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a good before and after dirt road comparison between no rigids and rigids.

attachicon.gif2015-02-14 21.16.13.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-02-14 21.15.58.jpg

Damn! Big difference! I always forget the realistic difference that these pods make. They make a difference but not this big of one when your looking through a 30% windshield haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to buy the lights and mount at 4wheelparts. They said both were in stock. At the will call, only the lights were there. I got a refund. If I have to order them I'll get them tax free and shipped free.

Who has the mounts and lights in stock?

I went to buy the lights and mount at 4wheelparts. They said both were in stock. At the will call, only the lights were there. I got a refund. If I have to order them I'll get them tax free and shipped free.

Who has the mounts and lights in stock?

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but a long time reader. I just purchased the fogs and mounts off of gotexhaust.com. The fog lights are $239 and the mounting kit is $51.99 with free shipping and no tax. In stock! I received them in two days from gotexhaust after waiting on amazon for a month just to have them cancel my order due to availability or just a price they couldn't honor. And thanks to everyone's posts installation was a breeze.

Archived