What did you drive in High School?

sahls01gmc

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet Camaro! My parents still have their 1979 Z28 that they bought brand new right after they got married.

Thanks, I wish i still had it. I sold it for quick cash to get married. At the time, I had 3 cars and this one was the quickest bang for the buck. :nonod: Hindsight, I'd still have it. It was near show room quality.

Thanks, I wish i still had it. I sold it for quick cash to get married. At the time, I had 3 cars and this one was the quickest bang for the buck. :nonod: Hindsight, I'd still have it. It was near show room quality.

Still have the girl? Or is that what you mean by hindsight?!?

Nice! How different was that than the GNX? Or are they more similar thank I think?

It was the same basic engine that they put into the GN later on, it was a 231cid. It was not super fast but a blast to drive for a high school kid.

4cyl in a 64 Falcon?????????? They didn't make 4cyl back then....... Then usally came with a 170ci or 200ci I6.

Mmmmmmm, maybe it was a six then.......would not get out of it's own way, I do remember that, lol.

Drove my moms 99 suburban for about 6 months then my dads 94 z28 convertable for about 6 months, then bought a 1989 firebird formula. Drove that from high school until I got my 07 Silverado.

1AA18A0B-F207-4A17-88DC-D22F766BA43B_3.j

Not my dads but his looks exactly like this one. He still has it.

n193304632_30458272_3042.jpg

Just about the only pic I have of my firebird

Lets see, i had 2 cars in highschool. I mostly drovd my 89 S10, but i loved driving my 87 thunderbird.

The s10 was the 2.5L 4 cyl with 5 speed and no power anything. Not even power steering.

The 87 thunderbird turbo coupe was a blast to drive. 2.3L turbo 4, 5 speed, LSD, power everything, and it had ride control. I did some tweaking and made that baby turbo put out 18 psi. Anout a year later it died.

Still have the girl? Or is that what you mean by hindsight?!?

I mean, I wish i wouldn't have sold it for the quick cash. If I could take it back, I would have sold one of my other cars and kept it instead.

I mean, I wish i wouldn't have sold it for the quick cash. If I could take it back, I would have sold one of my other cars and kept it instead.

That makes more sense. My dad had the opportunity to buy a '69 Superbird back in the early 80's. He already had a '68 road runner, so he didn't want to own 2 almost identical cars. Kicks himself everyday now......

Archived