What did you drive in High School?

sahls01gmc

AMC Hornet. Early 70's model, IIRC. Had a bad case of cancer but mechanically sound, even got the air working! Got it by mowing lawns. That inline 6 got @ 36 MPG with the single barrel Carter carb, minus the amount of sheet metal already rusted away. I was one of the first in my class to get my license, so as many of my classmates piled in as possible. Later that day I got my first lesson in welding. Broke both rear shock mounts. Second day took my dog for a drive and got it stuck. Driving record since then is about the same ;)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine sat at my grandpas for about 7 years then I got it running again and drove it a couple of times and then sold it to help put my wife through nursing school about 12 years ago.

Always good Karma too sacrifice to help your wife :thumbs:

1983 Plymouth Horizon. Four door, 2.2L. Decent little thing minus the choke problem on the carb.

I have a friend had one of those back in high school. Hers had a choke/carb issue as well. Her brother worked for a local junkyard and her car was literally two totaled Horizon's cut apart and the good bits welded together. She has moved up a bit now. Drives a big rig.

2002 z71 suburban. I blew all 3 rear axles in the school parking lot! I graduated last year. I got suspended from the parking lot so many times,, truck pulls, donuts, mudding, climbing snow mountains, driving over medians. Me and 4 friends were sitting on our rev limiters for 6 or 7 minutes just blaring the horns while doing brake stands all 600 students were outside watching us the principal came running out and boy did i DROP THE HAMMER like none of you have ever seen in a suburban. I lit the place up! The school news paper did an article on me and my driving. It was really somethin. Everyone still talks about it i pulled up in front of the doors during muddy truck day and lit em up bad there too because i got kicked out for not having a "truck" what great times

Archived