MyLink frozen screen?

Our 2016 Suburban did the same thing, froze up while we drove around town. Got out to shop, got back in and it did the same as the screen above about update.  Then started working again.  

Now we are just having an issue with Apple Carplay not working like it is supposed to and the radio goes to the home screen every time we get in and start it.  

Just an update. I tried unhooking the battery again for 15 minutes. I also checked all 3 fuse panels and found none burned. I put everything back together and have the same freaking thing going on. This truck is NOT under warranty so  am hesitant to do anything at a dealer. Will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

SOLVED for CHEAP!!
Got the part today and installed it. Everything works great! It is from a 2015 truck so the graphics are even better than my original 2014 radio.

Go to EBAY and find seller dokus223  

i BOUGHT IT FROM HIM AND HE PROGRAMMED IT FOR MY VIN AND SHIPPED IT for $84 total. Don't know if he has any at the moment, but grab it if he does. He upgrades new trucks from non nav to nav, so I just ordered the non nav. Don't know if he sells the nav version or how much.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/dokus223/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Take the four screws out of the lower glove box (two are underneath) and pull it out. HMI plugs are behind there and are facing down. You just press each tab and unplug the wires (they are all color coded) the box slides down and out. reverse for install. 5 minute job. Probably would have the key out with nothing on when you change it out.

Edited by Linexman

• 4 weeks later...

I too am having issues with the mylink infotainment system. Mine does the no volume or turn signal noise and no xm stations at all. no indication that xm/sirius was ever in the radio at all. Have had this issue last year 4 times. This issue occurred when temperatures are below 30 degrees. Possible issue is when it gets really cold some resistance in the wires play havoc the the audio system. still having issues with and has happened 4 times in the last 2 days. Twice a day this happens. Great truck for a year but this does not happen during the warm months just the cold months. I do not want to deal with this the next six months in the cold Minnesota winter.   Is there a fix besides pulling the radio fuse? Done that as well and it does fix it but it still happens. Replaced the fuse and it still happens. Now no xm radio just fm and am. Not happy with this. I will have to get out my sirius radio portable and make it work till this gets resolved. Anybody have suggestions besides going to the dealer which i will due to a steering recall. 

• 9 months later...

I had issue twice.   Started at turning on truck.    WOuld not play at all and although I could go through some menus, nothing would play.    The second time, I shut off car and was waiting for daughter and 4 minutes later the radio started, and would not shut off... Weird?   Yes...      Both times got fixed by pulling battery negative terminal for 10 Minutes (less than that did not reset).    Hope this does not keep happening (BTW. 2016 Chevy Silverado at 79,000k)

• 2 months later...