In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
jomuehlbauer

Headlamp Housing - Condensation

On 4/4/2018 at 8:46 AM, Debbie Morgan-Saur said:

Does anyone know who and where the best place to get action on this .... a address for manufacturer , GM etc... every time I look at my truck it makes me so mad.  And even more odd.. both headlight lens are cracking in the same place...

100_0144.JPG

That's a real bummer. Those small lines look like an acrylic defect called crazing. Basically once a craze location is started, it will grow indefinitely over time, albeit slowly. If I were you, I'd look into getting the headlight housings warrantied and replaced. Good luck!

That's a real bummer. Those small lines look like an acrylic defect called crazing. Basically once a craze location is started, it will grow indefinitely over time, albeit slowly. If I were you, I'd look into getting the headlight housings warrantied and replaced. Good luck!
In the meantime you could get the 3M clear plastic and wrap them as a temporary fix

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By boneill
      Have a set of used Chevrolet Headlight Assemblies off my 2019 Silverado Custom Trailboss.  Truck has 8,000 miles on it / lights are in “like new” condition with no issues .  

asking $700 for the pair plus shipping (most places in US is approx $85).  I’ve got more pics but I can only add 1 due to the restraint on attached pics on this post so message me if your interested.

I just recently did a headlight conversion , grill change to the high country headlight assemblies is why these are for sale.  I also have the black custom Trailboss grille for sale if anyone needs that as well.  It’s listed separately. 

• By Stonewood
      More specifically, Climate Control System backlighting.
      The backlighting is burned out for the lower right Air Delivery Mode Control button for my Climate Control System. Does anyone know how to replace the bulb behind this panel?

• By Joshua Shanklin
      I bought a 2000 Silverado 1500 about a year ago and ever since I've had it, my DRls do not work, however, when i pull my emergency brake my entire headlight system comes on, both headlights and my brake lights as well. I have new headlights i would like to install but i want to solve this issue if there is one before i put them in.
    • By gjarman
      Greetings,

Last night I when I started my Sierra, neither headlight worked.  All the other lights worked.  I finally found Fuse 59 (with the help of a magnifying glass), and it's fine.  Any ideas?

BTW, just found this forum.  Great place.

Thanks...Greg
    • By JChant
      I have a 2001 Silverado 1500, 5.3L 4X4, the headlights will not come on using the dash switch set to manual operation. No hi or low beams.

The parking lights do work with the dash switch when turned on.

The headlights come on with the ambient light sensor just fine. Hi and low beams work.

Flash-to-pass option works.

Tried 3 different dash headlight switches with the same results.

Tried 5 different relays in the headlamp position in the under-hood fuse block, with same results.

All other fuses in the under-hood block look good with no breaks.

Pulled under-hold fuse block apart and all connectors look clean with no corrosion. No lose wires found.

At my wits end with this. I have the wiring diagram and the only other possible thing I can think of is the headlight relay in the Body Control Module may be the issue, as that seems to be part of the circuit. This type of vehicle wiring is all new to me, and I'm just not sure why the ambient light sensor route and the Flash-to-pass option works, but not the manual switch, if the BCM headlight relay is bad?

I'm hoping someone has worked on this issue and has a fix. I don't want to go the cost of buying a replacement BCM only to find that is not the issue, and I'm starting to think that bypassing all that and running a jumper wire to the headlights may be my only solution.

Thanks all for your time, it is greatly appreciated.