Initial Thoughts on the new Twins

Colossus

Absolutely. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and yours in certainly welcome here however we ask that you are respectful in how you respond to opposing opinions.

It sounds like this conky guy just doesn't like compact or mid-sized trucks. He makes no valid arguments against them other than saying they're not as capable as full-sized trucks. Well duh, we all know that. But they're more capable than he wants to believe. Even the older S-10 and Sonoma trucks could tow around 5000 lbs max. The trailer I was referring to was probably in the 2500 lb range(trailer about 1000-1100 lbs and 3 quads weighing a total of about 1300-1400 lbs, 2 Honda Recons and a Yamaha Yfz 450) and yes it did easily tow it and still got better than 15 mpg. The new Colorado has a max towing capacity of 7000 lb, not too shabby for a mid-sized truck. Yes the Silverado and Sierra twins will tow up to about 11000 lbs but the smaller trucks were never designed to compete with them. They were built to be a less expensive alternative for those who don't need to be able to tow or haul as much. And someone who drives them shouldn't be ashamed to do so, as conky would feel they should because they're not a "real" truck.

My initial thought is.......when is GM going to put a decent looking stock wheel on these trucks....seems like GM is on the same road as the old Colorado/canyon.....mediocre wheels in the first years and then step up to nicer wheels as the production run ends....as this the GM way....but then they can go reverse and chrome clad Silverado wheels. While the current wheels look OK ...I think they could be better for a stock wheel....Please understand it is just my THOUGHT.

My initial thought is.......when is GM going to put a decent looking stock wheel on these trucks....seems like GM is on the same road as the old Colorado/canyon.....mediocre wheels in the first years and then step up to nicer wheels as the production run ends....as this the GM way....but then they can go reverse and chrome clad Silverado wheels. While the current wheels look OK ...I think they could be better for a stock wheel....Please understand it is just my THOUGHT.

I agree, more 18" options. 18's aren't even optional for the Z71 or All Terrain.

They look fine to me. Anything bigger than a 17" wheel is overkill anyway though I realize the newer Silverados have 18" wheels, not an improvement in my opinion. I hate the way the bigger wheels look. 16" wheels are plenty big enough for a truck like this and 17" wheels for the Silverado and Sierra. Bigger wheels=more expensive tires too, a negative in my book.

All I ever owned was a full sized reg cab pickup. With a 51 6100 series dump truck 16000 gvw and a 1940 GMC one ton flatbed I thought I could get away without a full sized one. Come to find out I couldn't that the reason for the canyon. As for hauling anything substantial then yes you need a bigger horse to pull the wagon. As For saying the canyon is better to any full sized was taken out of context. As for for the current trucks gmc produces I would call it far from the best. newer but not the best. They were the best trucks around long before some of you guys were around.

Archived