Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

I just bought a 2015 Sierra Denali and I would really like to lift the front end to level the truck out. I’d rather not drop the rear end. I have scoured the forums and the Internet, looking for a leveling kit that works with the Magnetic Ride Control.

Has anyone successfully installed a leveling kit that works with the magnetic ride control? I assume the kit would have to include some sort of relocation brackets for the sensors?

I saw someone said the suspension maxx kit works with the magnetic suspension, but I did not find any information to back that statement up.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Edited by skibum823
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put a 2.5" Rough Country level kit on the front of my Denali with the Magna Ride and I would NOT suggest it. I am actually debating taking the .5" spacer out and leaving it at a 2" kit or taking the kit completely off. The ride quality is terrible and I didn't buy a Denali so I could bounce around like a dump truck.

I did a 1" (1/2 top and 1/2 bottom spacers) and it rides as oem and tows my camper level. Also way easier to install as all I had to do was loosen sway bar nuts and remove coils to add spacers so took less than an hour for both sides. Still need alignment. 2.5 is way too much as it looks like the front is higher and if all the spacing is on one side of the coils (especially that much), be looking to replace ball joints soon. I do think my 14 z71cc sits a little higher than my 14 4x4cc.

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 1

I put a 2.5" Rough Country level kit on the front of my Denali with the Magna Ride and I would NOT suggest it. I am actually debating taking the .5" spacer out and leaving it at a 2" kit or taking the kit completely off. The ride quality is terrible and I didn't buy a Denali so I could bounce around like a dump truck.

Did it include sensor relocators?

Where did you get the parts necessary for this?

I suspect 1" isn't going to throw anything out of tolerance as far as the Mag Ride is concerned, that's prob why it rides the same. Hard to believe 1" will make it almost level though.

Edited by Horacio
  • Like 1

It did not include sensor locators hence why it rides like a dump truck. The Rough Country website made no mention of this issue. I'm going to pull the .5" top spacer out and see how much of an improvement that makes. If none, the 2" bottom spacers are coming off and I will wait until someone makes a quality kit.

Where did you get the parts necessary for this?

I suspect 1" isn't going to throw anything out of tolerance as far as the Mag Ride is concerned, that's prob why it rides the same. Hard to believe 1" will make it almost level though.

Mine is a 14 and still has a small rake. I like the look better and I can tow my camper with no "high front". If I get a lighter camper I can add in the second bottom spacer. Each spacer gives 1/2" lift.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-6392-tgc-15-07-14-gmcadillac-1500-pickup1500-suv-front-leveling-lift-spacers.aspx#.VMpcAsnnbqB

Edited by EXSlider400

Those are 1/4" thk spacers in the kit you posted a link to. Alot of people mistake the actual spacer thickness for actual height. A 1/2" spacer on the bottom of the strut won't equal a 1/2" difference in ride height. It's playing with the geometry at that point and could easily equal 2" of height difference. A 1/2" spacer on the top of the strut will achieve a closer to but still not equal to 1/2" height difference. Most 2" level kits that I've seen use a spacer under the strut that is only a 3/8" thick spacer. So for yours, using a 1/4" spacer under the strut and a 1/4" spacer on the top, you are probably more along the lines of 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" total difference in height, which explains why you still have a slight rake.

Mine is lowered 2" and the lower strut mount is relocated under the control arm and it uses a 1/4" thk spacer.

I prefer the rake too. I pull my boat almost every week all year.

Those are 1/4" thk spacers in the kit you posted a link to. Alot of people mistake the actual spacer thickness for actual height. A 1/2" spacer on the bottom of the strut won't equal a 1/2" difference in ride height. It's playing with the geometry at that point and could easily equal 2" of height difference. A 1/2" spacer on the top of the strut will achieve a closer to but still not equal to 1/2" height difference. Most 2" level kits that I've seen use a spacer under the strut that is only a 3/8" thick spacer. So for yours, using a 1/4" spacer under the strut and a 1/4" spacer on the top, you are probably more along the lines of 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" total difference in height, which explains why you still have a slight rake.

Mine is lowered 2" and the lower strut mount is relocated under the control arm and it uses a 1/4" thk spacer.

I prefer the rake too. I pull my boat almost every week all year.

Correct math that x" spacer does not = x" lift. Many people just don't understand how lifts and drops work. I have done several of each on GM 1500's from 1988 to 2014. This is a 1.5" kit and I did not install all 3 spacers (left 1 bottom one out)....so it is under 1.5". I meant the lift I did was 1/2 lift amount on top and 1/2 lift amount on bottom. It is probably a hair over 1" total lift amount. I know mine is a 14 and doesn't come with magna ride. I was putting my info down as this kit may work without the sensor relocators due to the lower lift amount and that it is split between the top and bottom of the strut. Unsure if anyone has tried to do this lift instead of a bottom only 2.5". For such a cheap kit....would it be an option? Sorry for any confusion and good luck. Edited by EXSlider400

Thanks for the info. I have no experience with a magnetic ride system. I understand the basics of magnetic ride. An elctro magnet is activated and aligns metal particles, suspended in fluid, inside the shock absorber, to create a more dense fluid, when needed, thus improving ride quality.

I have looked all over the internet for detailed schematics or some kind of design details for the magnetic ride system, to better understand the parts that make up the system, but have had no luck (I’m sure it is all proprietary info). So I do not know how the sensors actually work. I believe the electro magnet, that is activated to control the density of the fluid, is inside the shock absorber.

What I do not know is exactly what the sensors that are external to the shock do. If they activate this electro magnet in the shock then their position relative to the shock absorber would be the main concern. BUT I have heard that these sensors may monitor the road surface. If that is their main purpose, then lifting them at all (away from the ground) would affect ride quality.

I was under the truck the other day trying to get a feel for the system. It looks like the sensors mount to part of the truck above the upper spring mount. Therefore, leveling the truck with an upper spring mount spacer will raise the sensor relative to the shock absorber. A spacer on the bottom will lift both the shock and the frame of the truck, thus keeping the sensor in the same location relative to the shock absorber.

So basically depending on what these sensors do, would control if a spacer under the spring would work or not.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of how the system works can correct me or provide more details.