Rolling down windows and remote start

The governor is set for the tire speed rating.

Wasn't my point. You say that GM can't control if someone is responsible enough to not leave kids or pets in the vehicle so they make it where you can't automatically roll the windows up with the keyfob. Well they also can't control how fast you drive a vehicle that weighs almost 3 tons yet they still have the limiter at almost 100 or more. If they really were wanting to be careful of hazards they wouldn't have the limiter above maybe 80.

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice if this could be a software update. Having the windows open when the mirrors unfold would be a nice feature. I'd also like the truck to roll up/close all the windows when I use the remote to lock. It will fold in the mirrors, seems it wouldn't be too hard to close the windows too. Since my windows are not tinted, it's sometimes hard to tell if any are open.

• 2 months later...

Can you use the key fob to close the windows remotely?

My bad. I apparently skipped page 2 of this post. Wish they had the auto up on the 15's. I've been wanting this feature for years to have a quick way to roll up the windows when it starts to rain without running out in it. Oh well. Maybe on my next truck.

Most (all?) manufacturers do not have remote window up not because of what might be in the vehicle that would no longer get air with an accidental rollup, but what might be around the window in such cases. If someone has their head or hand in the window for a good reason, remote up is going to make them unhappy. This is similar to why you can't perform a remote start with the hood open because someone might be under the hood.

I know some manufacturers have experimented with pressure sensing roll up, but now where talking about additional costs.

• 1 year later...

Well that's lame. I just found this option out on my 2106 Silverado LT. Don't give the option to roll the windows down and not the option to roll them back up. I understand the liability and safety of it, but I don't have little kids and never leave my pets in the vehicle. Seems like it should be our option and responsibility. I was notified today I left my back window down and had to walk out to roll it up.

My 10 year old asked why they call it "rolling" the window down. At first I thought he was being a smart alec, then I realized he's never been in a vehicle with a window crank.

Waiting for him to ask why it's called "hanging up" the phone. :eek:

• Like 2

I am in IT and it bugs the crap out of me when something gets half implemented.

What did we ever do before power windows? :nopity:

HAHA. true. I bet he would ask why you even bother calling anyone since you can just text them.

My 10 year old asked why they call it "rolling" the window down. At first I thought he was being a smart alec, then I realized he's never been in a vehicle with a window crank.

Waiting for him to ask why it's called "hanging up" the phone. :eek:

• Like 1

Can you roll the widows down without folding the mirrors?

If equipped with auto mirror folding, pressing and holding K for one second will unfold the mirrors.
The auto mirror folding feature will not operate unless it is enabled.
On some models, press, release and then press and hold K to open all of the windows.
Pressing the button again will stop the windows.
Edited by redwngr