Rolling down windows and remote start

Just a thought as to why auto up isn't a feature. In my Toyota, you could enable remote down, but it would only work for those windows with the auto down feature. This meant that only the driver window would work remotely. I always assumed because it basically simulates pressing the button to "auto-down" in the computer.

In my family's Lexus, it had auto down and up on all windows. It would allow you to open, or close all windows with the fob. Moonroof too. If you were walking away, just hold the lock button and it closed it all up.

That's my guess as to why this isn't implemented. Different companies, but definitely some similarities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If equipped with auto mirror folding, pressing and holding K for one second will unfold the mirrors.
The auto mirror folding feature will not operate unless it is enabled.
On some models, press, release and then press and hold K to open all of the windows.
Pressing the button again will stop the windows.

"k"?

If equipped with auto mirror folding, pressing and holding K for one second will unfold the mirrors.
The auto mirror folding feature will not operate unless it is enabled.
On some models, press, release and then press and hold K to open all of the windows.
Pressing the button again will stop the windows.

I have the auto folding mirrors working, the windows don't seem to work?

This is the process I followed;

1) Unlock for a second

2) Unlock hold, the mirrors unfolded, I then can hear a click, like a relay, but nothing happens...

ETA:

I got it working! As others have said, it's all in there, you will have to do some flipping around, but it's all there. The windows will not roll down separately form the mirrors being folded in. If the mirrors are folded in, they have to unfold, and at the same time the windows will go down. I have to say, it's COLD outside right now!

Thanks to all who have helped out in this topic, I hope to add helpful information in the future to give back. I own my own what my friends call my "Race Shop" on the side, so most of my input will be performance driven when the time comes...

Edited by 6.2Midnight

Sorry 'k' is what I got when I cut and past from the manual. (instead of the graphic for the 'unlock' button.

Try press and (quickly) release (instead of press and hold for one second), then press an hold.

EDIT:

So I tried it on mine, and couldn't find a button combo to roll down while leaving the mirrors folded.

I was able to use the remote to refold the mirrors while the windows were down.

Edited by redwngr

• 2 months later...

Someone commented that you have to "double clutch" the remote to unfold the mirrors and/or roll the windows down. This is not true, you only have to press/hold the appropriate button one time.

I have found that if you just (single) press/hold the lock button down, with the feature enabled, you will lock the vehicle and fold the mirrors. Likewise, to unfold the mirrors, just (single) press/hold the unlock button (one time) for one second or if you're watching the lights, until the second flash. Holding the unlock button, beyond that, will trigger the windows to roll down. Or at least that's the way my 15 Silverado seems to be working.

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, Bruticusmaximus said:

Is there a way to disable this feature? I've never used it on purpose but, I have woken up in the morning to find all my windows rolled down several times. A few times when it had rained or snowed overnight.

Yes, you can disable it in the settings of the Infotainment screen

• 4 months later...
On 1/25/2015 at 10:14 PM, tdforce said:

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ. Due to the cold weather here in WY I am a big fan of the remote start. I started my truck using the phone app the other night and when I went out to the vehicle all my windows were rolled down. I researched online and it seems that some vehicles have a feature that allows you to roll down all the windows from the key fob. I checked my vehicle settings under My Link and saw that this option was enabled. The problem that I have is that I cannot replicate what I did to get this to work.

My question is how do I use my phone, my key fob or combination of both to roll down the windows? My fear is that if I leave this setting enabled I might accidentally roll my windows down in a rain or snowstorm.

1 hour ago, Jerry Johnson said:

Welcome to the site.

When you are unlocking the truck with the fob, hit unlock twice, and hold it until you see the windows go down (enabled in vehicle settings).

You can also set your power mirrors to fold and "unfold" with the fob too. You have to get used to how long to hold the unlock button on the second time, in order doors and tailgate unlock, continue to hold it, mirrors fold, and then windows down (this is unlocking the truck). Windows will not go back up with the fob.

The app is strange, did not know that it would control the windows, or even mirror function.