Bilstein shocks thread

1 minute ago, Sierra Dan said:

Has anyone seen these? About $1300 for a set of four and seem beefier than 5100's

See the source image

Yes, I looked at these but could not justify their price.  $350 for a set of 5100s vs these at $1300 doesn't make any sense.  You can get HaloLifts Boss coilovers for the same price.

https://www.halolifts.com/HaloLifts-Boss-Ultimate-Kit-fits-your-2007-UP-GM-SilveradoSierra-1500_p_220.html

41 minutes ago, BbyDgital said:

I ordered mine first thing in the morning on 3/28 after seeing that they were in-stock and still don't have them.  I was curious if anyone has received theirs yet as well.

Thanks. Post an update once you get them. I’ve got 5100’s in the rear but still stock ranchos up front with a level. Would love to switch to 6112’s if there is a noticeable difference in ride quality. 

After reading through 135 pages and entirely too many "where are the 6112's?"....I pulled the trigger on 5100's and installed on the 3rd setting and I'm very happy with the results.  I was hesitant of the highest setting, as I wanted a little bit of rake, and a slightly better ride (even if it's probably just psychological).

I ended up yielding 1.75" on the 3rd setting.  Perfect amount in my opinion. Truck looks damn near level to the eye.

Honestly in terms of ride quality, I can hardly tell any difference from stock on small sharp bumps cracks.  However just as everyone has claimed, the truck feels way more planted on larger hits/uneven roads.  Way less body roll and dive under braking.  And best of all, no more wallowing boat-like feel.

Wheels and Tires being installed as we speak.  Big thanks to this thread.

IMG_5185.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KTM794 said:

After reading through 135 pages and entirely too many "where are the 6112's?"....I pulled the trigger on 5100's and installed on the 3rd setting and I'm very happy with the results.  I was hesitant of the highest setting, as I wanted a little bit of rake, and a slightly better ride (even if it's probably just psychological).

I ended up yielding 1.75" on the 3rd setting.  Perfect amount in my opinion. Truck looks damn near level to the eye.

Honestly in terms of ride quality, I can hardly tell any difference from stock on small sharp bumps cracks.  However just as everyone has claimed, the truck feels way more planted on larger hits/uneven roads.  Way less body roll and dive under braking.  And best of all, no more wallowing boat-like feel.

Wheels and Tires being installed as we speak.  Big thanks to this thread.

IMG_5185.jpg

Thanks for pic....helps a bunch....definitely going with 5100s.....great review....take another pic with wheels and tires

On 4/10/2019 at 7:28 AM, huntr1117 said:

After the wheels are off you need to take out 2-10mm bolts that hold your brake line and abs line to the knuckle/uca. Then you're gonna have to remove sway bar end links on both sides to get the lower a-arms to drop. That should get you enough room.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Exactly what you said. Took me about an hour, thanks??

On 4/12/2019 at 3:51 PM, dmorrisL86 said:

Anyone receive or install 6112’s on their K2 yet? I am interested in a set but would like someone to be the guinea pig lol. 

I ordered 6112's beginning of this month along with 5100's for the rear, nothing has come in yet bet I will def update this thread once everything comes in and install. 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:58 PM, dmorrisL86 said:

Thanks. Post an update once you get them. I’ve got 5100’s in the rear but still stock ranchos up front with a level. Would love to switch to 6112’s if there is a noticeable difference in ride quality. 

6112's have to be better than the Rancho's, I will update this thread when I put mine on. I will be installing them on one below the top settings wise and will not use a spacer.

11 hours ago, Neumonic said:

I ordered 6112's beginning of this month along with 5100's for the rear, nothing has come in yet bet I will def update this thread once everything comes in and install. 

6112's have to be better than the Rancho's, I will update this thread when I put mine on. I will be installing them on one below the top settings wise and will not use a spacer.

Thank you for the reply. Looking forward to your update, I plan on doing the same set up with the 6112’s