Bilstein shocks thread

44 minutes ago, Battle Born Offroad said:

What setting are you planning on? All the way up??

Top setting with another 1/2 top spacer. I currently have 2.5" leveling kit and need the clearance with 305/55R20's. Now just trying to figure out if I want upper control arms or not. 

15 hours ago, CH15GMC said:

Top setting with another 1/2 top spacer. I currently have 2.5" leveling kit and need the clearance with 305/55R20's. Now just trying to figure out if I want upper control arms or not. 

You are right on the limit there and might be alright without them, although you will have a better alignment with them. Above 2.5" of lift UCAs are a must. We do have some inexpensive options around $320

15 hours ago, Grinnen said:

I imagine putting a busted pogostick under there would be better than stock 

Factory Rancho shocks are pogo sticks :loser:

Those who have not or will not switch them out will never feel what the rest of us experience for the better.

16 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

The 4600 is identical to a 5100 except for yellow paint and a shorter shaft.

Otherwise valving is the same.

How do you like the ride compared to your old factory units Rosco?

Better for sure. Wish i would have done it a month ago when our road was really bad. Its smoothed out a lot since the frost is gone.  I still have to put the rears in, so havent got the complete picture. I also replaced the lower ball joints so that alone snugged things up

On 4/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Factory Rancho shocks are pogo sticks :loser:

Those who have not or will not switch them out will never feel what the rest of us experience for the better.

You got that right my friend, I changed mine yesterday. I had no idea what the difference would be.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, CH15GMC said:

Got my 6112's today...ordered them 6/28 of last year. Excited to get them on but it will have to wait until next week. They are huge! Doing 5100 in the rear.

Resized_20190415_133005.jpeg

I received my Bilstein 6112 47-273702 shocks today and you were right, these shocks are huge. I placed my order on 3/28/19.  The part number on the box has me questioning if I received the correct product. It looks like the right product, but the part number on the box is 24-242509.  Is that what you received as well?

I'm getting rid of the factory magnetic shocks because they're way too stiff and replacing it with the 6112's and 5160's in the rear. I'll be removing the rough country 2.5" lower spacer and installing the 6112's at the top setting. If my truck isn't level after, I may install a half inch lower spacer to even it out. I'm using the x-ineering delete kit to get rid of any alarms. I'm looking forward to a smoother ride. Those magnetic shocks are way too jarring driving on rough roads. I'm hoping to have mine installed by Saturday morning.

Thanks for sharing that you received your shocks. 

Edited by Randys Denali
na