Rigid Industries DOT/SAE Fog - Pictures

nice job, still debating if these are worth the $220

Definitely worth it. Just got them installed today and drove with them tonight. With how crappy the Sierra headlights are these are great! My pics are in the other recent thread about these rigid pods.

Jaysen,

I can understand your position, as its a significant cost for just a set of Fog Lights. I have previously installed a set of Morimoto HID 35xb's and upgraded the OEM fog's to Putco LED's, and still felt the vehicle was unsafe to drive at night. I had to drive to San Diego for work last week and driving for 5hr's at night sold me on the fact that I had to either Upgrade the Headlights to something like an FRX kit, or find a set of fog lights that had a focused beam pattern.

Going the FRX route would likely be in the $400 - $500 range, possibly more if I need some assistance with the install. But would still not solve the problem of the beam width given that the OEM Headlights cannot be adjusted from Left to Right. I would also then be committed to leaving these in the Truck if I ever sold it.

Going the Rigid route, I was able to keep the cost down, install them fairly quickly, and can remove them and re-install the OEM's for less then $70 or just swap the Rigid's for some knockoff's:http://www.amazon.com/Off-road-Headlight-Driving-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B00G620ZVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422384152&sr=8-1&keywords=led+fog+lights&pebp=1422384153704&peasin=B00G620ZVU

These lights are super bright, I can adjust them left right up down (just a little bit) and do not blind oncoming drivers.

BTW, if you don't have a dermal, you can use a drywall JAB saw, and then use a file to smooth out the plastic.

I also used the Rigid mounting bracket and made a template out of a small sheet of black plastic I bought at Home Depot. That way if I ever want to take them out, I can just glue the plastic "plug's" to the OEM FOG opening and fasten the OEM fog's back in place.

• 1 month later...

I installed mine last weekend. Excellent light output and would agree they are def worth their price. I used a mini hacksaw on the passenger side to trim back the plastic needed for the rigid light. The OEM plastic housing was cut with a utility knife.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2014 sierra Texas Edition and if gm don't fix this I'll never buy a gm again.

This problem needs to be corrected promptly.

GM doesn't want to agree there is a problem if so why did they go to full led's for 2016.

• 9 months later...

I have the D2 on my 2014. Love them! Now considering a new 2017 GMC and would like to have an upgrade for that truck. Haven't seen anything out there yet??

Cheers

The Whaler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived