Calling all leveled/lifted trucks with All Terrain factory 20's

• 1 year later...

A late update for anyone else interested... I ended up buying a set of 8mm hub centric spacers, which is around 5/16" thick. A little bigger than my initial plan of using 1/4" (6.35mm) spacers.

They're machined from billet aluminum and fit of the spacers seemed great. After installing them and the wheels I had just over 7 full turns until contact, then around one more turn while torqueing them down.

Tires now clear the sway bar completely and I have about 1/8" of clearance at the UCA at full lock. If I keep the wheel pinned all the way and back up I can still make the tire barely touch, but I never do that on a daily basis.

Track width was increased a little at the front, but due to the fenders and flaps it actually looks even like the back now.

20150311_121600_zpsc8a5lmnl.jpg

20150311_121608_zpshxx934xl.jpg

20150311_122624_zpsuzgvqqqy.jpg

20150311_122726_zpsq4gtdjcn.jpg

20150311_124148_zpsrxkjzhei.jpg

20150311_124120_zpsswgrvkqy.jpg

So, question for you about your spacers. With those 8mm plates there, any issues grabbing the hubcentric ring with your wheel during mounting?

I'm running 2" Readylift level with 2" blocks in the back. 275 60 R20 tires with no rubbing at all. Tempted to go 285 60 R20 but I don't think theres room. Not sure if my UCA's are aluminum or not...

i have the ready lift 2.25" in front and 3" in back. Wouldn't a 2" in back put you back to the same stock height, because the 3" block added 1" height difference. can you plz share a pick of the tires on the truck. Iam in the market to upgrade my tires.

Ready lift pert numbers that I have are dbfd993e291a0f8f25b8cdb1b5fc03b4.png66-3085 and 66-3002

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My brother in law and I both have All Terrain Sierras, with the same wheels as the OP.

Mine is still stock setup but he put a leveling kit on his, but still has the stock tires. When I was looking at his setup we noticed that his wheels not the tires are now rubbing on the upper control arms. The inside edge of his wheels are worn down to a sharp edge compared to my wheels. I'm not sure what brand or height level kit he has on, but I'm guessing the angle change was enough to make contact with the wheels. I have searched on this site and on Google, but this is the only thread I have found with similar problem.

Not sure where you got the info that the stock Denali wheels are "0 offset"... I personally went and looked at a set today and they're the same +27mm offset as the All-Terrain wheels.

2015 Take-Off Denali wheels:

_12_zpsokgfcubc.jpeg

Clearly not "0 offset" because you can see the amount of "dish" on the inside:_12-1_zpslhjjqjfc.jpeg

Even has it stamped right into the back:_12-2_zps5egvp7xd.jpeg

I even double checked it with a measuring tape, the center hub sits about 1" towards the face of the rim... which is 27mm.

You'll be fine, factory tires are a 275 and it's the width that'll make you rub the UCA. Seems like a 285 on stock offset wheels is the max you can run on a 2.5" level to avoid rubbing. Now that 275/65r20 is like a 34x11, so you might rub the fender because of the overall height, but I think it's doable. My 295/55r20 are 33x12's and I have plenty of clearance at the wheel wells.

Alright... I'm definitely interested in this one. I also have the stock 20x9x27 wheels with 265/55/20s. I was planning to put the 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit in as aI don't want to much lift and simply wanted bigger tires but am not a bit concerned. From the sound of it you can increase the height but not the width. So I may have better luck with say a 275/65/20 then I would with a 285/55/20.

Considering a 33x11.50R20 or 285/60/20. Do you think either of these would work or one would be better suited to avoid the rub?

Is there a consensus as to the largest size (height/width) without rubbing?

Thanks!

Edited by NEOutDoors

• 5 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, NEOutDoors said:

Anyone have some input on tire size in the above?

Kind of late to the party... But... One of my coworkers has a '15 High Country with 285/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on the stock High Country Wheels.  He has the 2.25" Rough Country level I believe.  He gets a rub on the sway bar at full lock and near-full lock turning, but not on the UCA.  Steel control arms.  On my truck, I opted to use Bilstein 5100 series shocks and that doesn't seem to have some of the geometry issues of the "spacer and bracket"-type leveling.

1 hour ago, Josh_perry24 said:

Kind of late to the party... But... One of my coworkers has a '15 High Country with 285/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on the stock High Country Wheels.  He has the 2.25" Rough Country level I believe.  He gets a rub on the sway bar at full lock and near-full lock turning, but not on the UCA.  Steel control arms.  On my truck, I opted to use Bilstein 5100 series shocks and that doesn't seem to have some of the geometry issues of the "spacer and bracket"-type leveling.

The geometry is affected the same either way; Bilteins or spacer. What happens when you lift the front is the suspension moves the tire/wheel in towards the frame. When you fully unload the front suspension (same as lifting the truck), the wheels will move in at least 1" each and then out by at least that much when fully loaded. I did a 2" RC lift and every once in a while while backing up and if the angle is such that the suspension is unloaded on one of the front sides, I'll get a UCA rub with stock tires and wheels.

Edited by '17 Sierra

3 minutes ago, '17 Sierra said:

The geometry is affected the same either way; Bilteins or spacer. What happens when you lift the front is the suspension moves the tire/wheel in towards the frame. When you fully unload the front suspension (same as lifting the truck), the wheels will move in at least 1" each and then out by at least that much when fully loaded. I did a 2" RC lift and every once in a while while backing up and if the angle is such that the suspension is unloaded on one of the front sides, I'll get a UCA rub with stock tires and wheels.

Definitely not going to disagree.  All I know is that I don't suffer from the same rub problem for whatever reason.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2015 at 9:59 PM, hutch08 said:

My truck is a 2015 crew cab short box sierra all terrain.

I'm running a Rough Country +2.5" level up front and +1" blocks out back. Tires are 295/55r20 Toyo Open Country A/T2 Xtreme tires. So far I've been really pleased with the level and tires but I noticed something interesting tonight when i decided to crawl underneath and remove my front air dam.

At full lock my tires are rubbing both my upper control arm and sway bar. Here's some pictures for reference:

20150207_212520_zpslsj03gez.jpg

20150207_212154_zpstp0jiaxt.jpg

20150207_212131_zpsekb2kmbt.jpg

Both sides are exactly the same. I can't actually feel the rubbing when turning, hence why I was so shocked to see it.

The sway bar doesn't overly bother me because its the edge of the tread actually rubbing, but the UCA rubbing the sidewall is somewhat concerning to me.

I know a lot of you say you're running 305/55r20 or 33x12.5 MT's with no rubbing but I can't see how that's possible if my 33x11.5's are. I'd appreciate any info on lift specs, tire brand/size, and if you have aluminum UCA's or not.

Also maybe I'm fretting over nothing but any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

two words, wheel offset

Both my old and current All Terrain rubbed/rub lightly on sway bar at full turn.  The black truck was leveled using Bilstein 5100's set at max lift while the WDT has a 2.5" leveling kit and the 5100's set at 0 lift. Black truck had aluminum control arms WDT has steel control arms.  Tires on black truck were 295/55/20 Toyo AT2s, current tires are Toyo Open Country RTs size 33x12.5x20.

Screenshot_20180312-171317.jpg

20170830_183032.jpg

20170407_093444.jpg

Screenshot_20180312-171314.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 2017 All Terrain in January. Ordered a MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit and put 33x12.5 Open Country R/Ts on the stock All Terrain wheels. I rub upper control arm at about 26 degrees according to the onboard "off road" menu. I ordered 1.25" BORA spacer last week and will update once they arrive. The 33x12.5 put the tire 1.14" closer to the suspension. I'm hoping the 1.25" BORA spacers cure the problem...

• Like 1

I bought a 2017 All Terrain in January. Ordered a MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit and put 33x12.5 Open Country R/Ts on the stock All Terrain wheels. I rub upper control arm at about 26 degrees according to the onboard "off road" menu. I ordered 1.25" BORA spacer last week and will update once they arrive. The 33x12.5 put the tire 1.14" closer to the suspension. I'm hoping the 1.25" BORA spacers cure the problem...

Interesting. How do you like the motofab lift? Too and bottom strut spacers? What is the rear lift block measure at, if at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Aaron1085 said:

Interesting. How do you like the motofab lift? Too and bottom strut spacers? What is the rear lift block measure at, if at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the motofab. Top mount spacer but a pain in the dick to install as the upper ball joints would not pop... I do not have rear blocks but need them. Any weight put in the box squats it. 

IMG_20180321_205646_01.jpg

Edited by MHardiman90
  • Like 2