Reverse Camera **UPDATE**

Does the new harness for the camera plug into the same spot the locking tail gate plug currently does under the truck or is it a different location? Just got my camera and handle and need to get them installed but havent gone under the truck yet. 2016 2500HD LT  

So I found the plug I believe....now my remote locking tailgate doesn't function. Does this sound correct until I get it programmed or did I plug into the wrong spot? Only blank plug I could find. 

So I found the plug I believe....now my remote locking tailgate doesn't function. Does this sound correct until I get it programmed or did I plug into the wrong spot? Only blank plug I could find. 

Make sure you take that dummy plug out

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add to the mix if anyone ever searches this, I was successful in adding a OEM reverse camera. 2016 Chevy 2500HD LT with the 8 inch Mylink screen RPO IO5.

Used the OEM camera and OBD Gene and it was simple as can be. Not sure why I didnt do this sooner. 

• 3 months later...

The stock camera on my 2014 Silverado has become very blurry, and the dealership said that there is either moisture inside the camera or the camera is bad. They quoted around $700 to install a new camera and to reprogram/recalibrate the computer. If I just buy a new OEM camera, is it plug and play, or does the computer need to be reprogrammed/recalibrated as the dealership claims? 

1 hour ago, 2014Eastern4x4 said:

The stock camera on my 2014 Silverado has become very blurry, and the dealership said that there is either moisture inside the camera or the camera is bad. They quoted around $700 to install a new camera and to reprogram/recalibrate the computer. If I just buy a new OEM camera, is it plug and play, or does the computer need to be reprogrammed/recalibrated as the dealership claims? 

Damn they take stealership to a new level. 

I would assume it is just a quick swap and no programming is necessary. You already had a functioning camera so you should be able to just swap in a new one. 

Maybe someone else knows a reason why it would need some computer changes but I can’t. 

On 6/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, 2014Eastern4x4 said:

There should be absolutely no programming required.  Go to one of the GM parts websites, enter your VIN and navigate to those tailgate parts.  It'll drop right in.  All you need to do is take the interior tailgate cover off, pull off the handle, and swap  them out.  

That dealership sounds like they either 1) don't actually know what they're talking about or 2) are trying to take advantage of customers and rip them off.