Reverse Camera **UPDATE**

The 2015 cameras suck as well. I had to keep getting out and wiping mine for 1st couple of trips thinking it was dirty......nah it's just a crappy camera. Will look into replacing as well. Great news. Good job

I use it to get my hitch lined up with my trailer tongue and that's about it.

Yup. It's fairly useless in the rain too.

Its also fairly useless as its getting dark and the license plate lights are on, shining right into the camera. Whoever decided on the camera's angle didn't think it though. It could easily move out a few more degrees to miss the lights and still see a hitch.

Well I ordered the camera and the handle from my local dealer and getting the truck programed next week. Hopefully the cap fell off. Parts $260. Plus program $50?

So you are saying you can get the camera to work with the 4.2" radio? I thought it had to be the 8". Is your truck a 14 or 15, which model? Where is the wire harness plug underneath that you mentioned so I can check. For that price I'd do the same thing you are doing just for the ease of hitching up to my trailer.

Edited by mjj

So you are saying you can get the camera to work with the 4.2" radio? I thought it had to be the 8". Is your truck a 14 or 15, which model? Where in the wire harness plug underneath that you mentioned so I can check. For that price I'd do the same thing you are doing just for the ease of hitching up to my trailer.

I have a 14 z71 double cab with the 4.2 screen. If you look under the truck behind the spare tire to the left of center you will find the junction box as noted by the original post. The wiring is in place, my dealer said they would program the Hmi ,so hopefully all works out will update

My dealer called and the parts are in! I could have saved some money if I ordered on gm parts direct but still in good shape. thanks to the original poster! This is the first forum I've been on so I will learn as I go..:)

My dealer called and the parts are in! I could have saved some money if I ordered on gm parts direct but still in good shape. thanks to the original poster! This is the first forum I've been on so I will learn as I go..:)

Awesome. Can you share the part numbers for the rest of us? Thanks.