In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
dmo

SD Card/Reader

using 32gb here with a little over 5500 songs. they're all indexed and work.

using 32gb here with a little over 5500 songs. they're all indexed and work.

+1 here. I'm using a 64 Gigabyte thumb drive with about 12,000 songs and everything but voice access works great. I say poppycock!

Using a 64GB SDXC card formatted to FAT32 (took some work, but it's possible) and have roughly 1750 songs on it -- all work fine.

Wondering if adding folders helps screw things up with the system. I'm usually fine with just having it shuffle through everything, so I just threw files on the card and am using a ID3 tag editor to make sure artist, album, and album art data is up to snuff...if I ever need to find a particular song or album, that's the information I'll be using anyway, not a folder...

Using a 64GB SDXC card formatted to FAT32 (took some work, but it's possible) and have roughly 1750 songs on it -- all work fine.

Wondering if adding folders helps screw things up with the system. I'm usually fine with just having it shuffle through everything, so I just threw files on the card and am using a ID3 tag editor to make sure artist, album, and album art data is up to snuff...if I ever need to find a particular song or album, that's the information I'll be using anyway, not a folder...

i have all my music organized in itunes...added 5 folder on the sd card of my playlists and added the songs...no issues, the folders work well...theres a folder view option and u can select a folder like a playlist.

When you replaced your stereo did you buy the PAC wiring interface or not? Also, did you replace with a double DIN and if so how hard was it to cut out the plastic ledge behind the stereo?

I bought the basic Metra harness (no onstar), and Metra dash plate. I haven't read good things about the PAC

harness. Double din HU. The antenna adapter is the BMW/VW style, with male Moto plug; non-amplified seems to work.

I tried cutting out the plastic myself, but gave up. Maybe it's easier with a dremel? The place I took it to had the same feeling, but I guess they still had better tools than I.

Edited by conundrum
  • Like 1

Are you guys that are not experiencing issues using the BASE model radio? (NOT the ones with Bluetooth/sat/onstar)

Are you guys that are not experiencing issues using the BASE model radio? (NOT the ones with Bluetooth/sat/onstar)

No. I05 radio, which is the 8" IntelliLink system w/ XM, OnStar, Bluetooth, etc. Only thing it does NOT have is navigation.

But I've not had problems playing from the SD card from day one.

Eliminate your truck as the problem. Go to the dealership and put the card into a brand new pickup. I bet your music id3 tags are the problem.