2015 GMC Yukon Denali idle issue in 6.2 liter engine

31 minutes ago, Bob2C said:

Bob2C,

Thanks for the link. I read that and with the discussion I had from GM here in Canada on Friday as well as the dealer both telling me injectors are consumables and not covered beyond the 60,000 km warranty I am still wondering if they will see my point as I'm not into owning a $90,000 paperweight.

Cheers,

This special coverage only applies to vehicles in these states: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. “

This is the answer back from the dealer - short story it is NOT applicable to vehicles in Canada which is disheartening to know that there is a double standard. After 25 years of not having a GM product this sort of thing is ticking in the wrong column of wanting to...

Nor can I but it is what it is. My point back to the manager of the service department today is explain why then 2, 6 and 8 (all from what I know to be the same side of the block) have failed? only #4 outstanding. I'm thinking it is a common rail or a high pressure fuel pump or a computer issue...

No response yet. 

I'm not a mechanic but I can make things go fast... 

Well not specifically but having done it on a few diesels it isn't all that hard. Trouble is I don't have any specific GM scanner or any such thing like. Besides, if it is something else (as I think it is - being all one side of the block) I can't check for that in my garage. 

As well, the truck is only 22 months old and having to do this sort of thing that soon is not something a guy should have to do.

Well based on everything I have read so far, I will admit I'm a bit frustrated and stuck in this somewhat less than stellar warranty but the level of frustration is not worth trading it in (yet) and paying more for a new one.

I am in a slightly positive equity position on the sell vs loan prices but that still doesn't offset the increased burden in capital. So I figure I will put up with the hit and miss service issues and let them sort it out until I expire the warranty which for me is likely going to be around June of 2020. Then if I have any more to do I will only be looking at 1 or 2 to do somewhere else, or myself.

My issue with all of this is that that all the replaced items are all on the same bank so far (2, 6 and 8 ) replace 4 and that's an entire side. Not a single sales person who wants to sell me a new one has ever heard of this let alone of multiple injector failures which because I'm new to GM after 25 years I missed that as a major ask when originally looking at the truck.

This just bugs me.

Wife took the truck this morning so I can't get that data logger in until later today.

Fun times.

So, after another lengthy discussion with another service manager and offered some additional insight which was helpful. The last part of it was to contact customer care and open a case file. So, I am officially that guy. I'm not here to throw anyone under a bus - I just want a problem fixed and I will do my part to do it, fully understanding that there are a lot of it in my control. The big one, which I don't like is that I was told to use premium fuel, yet it states it is recommended, not required - ok fine. Next was to change the fuel filter, sure but perhaps a premature as again, going that far back in the system would beg that all injectors (both sides) are affected and not just one bank.

Anyway, that is where we left it today.

Are you throwing anymore codes? I had a shutter at idle while in drive after the car has warmed up so I did some digging. There is a tsb out for motor mount replacement for that exact cause. Had mine done last week. I’d say it’s about 95% corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's unreal.

I ran my code reader / data logger yesterday and no codes or for that matter unusual idle conditions. It is just frustrating that it doesn't happen enough to pin point the issue. Again, I don't think this has anything to do with the dealer as they can only do what is present and I totally understand that BUT I still think it is something that if not addressed will kick me hard when the warranty expires next spring / summer.

So, the GM customer care in Canada was little help - not entirely her fault but funny how the story she was provided from the dealer was not true. She was told that they were logging the vehicle misfire count and codes - and I said, that would be great but hard for them to do when they don't have the truck in their shop. She was like what? I said, yes, me as a consumer / owner have installed my own data logger and will be doing my own case development. She tells me that's not right and I agreed but right now I have no choice. 

I'm still looking hard at trading it in for a 2019 but don't want to get into another can of worms.

Suggestions?