Chevrolet to offer blacked out Silverado work truck from the factory

Zane

chevroletsilveradoworktruck_blackedout.jpeg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/20/2015

Silverado work truck buyers now have a slick option to add a lot of style and some dubs to their pickup on the cheap. Starting today, Chevrolet is offering a new package specifically for WT regular-cab and double-cab trucks.

The $1,595 Black Out package adds 20-inch painted aluminum wheels, P275/55R20 all-season blackwall tires, deep tinted glass and black bowties. Chevy prices a 2WD regular cab Silverado WT featuring the Black Out package at $28,895. Of course, the only color option for this package is, you guessed it, black.

"The package is available for order now, and customers can have any color they want, as long as it is black."

Interesting about the tint. I wonder how dark they're talking?

it just means the rear windows will be tinted like the LT and LTZ trucks..normal WT have no tint at all. i dont know.. 28k for a glorified work truck dosent sound like much of a deal to me.

Sadly that price is most likely for the V6 engine too... Pretty bad when you can't get a 4x4 V8 RCSB for under 30K anymore in just a WT model. I think this is just in response to Ram's Black Express model.

hell, you can BARELY Get a 2WD RCSB with a V8 under $30K!

I don't understand their thought process with all these aesthetic based trims...step up to the plate and make a raptor competitor GM and quit screwing around. God only knows how much it would cost though...

I don't understand their thought process with all these aesthetic based trims...step up to the plate and make a raptor competitor GM and quit screwing around. God only knows how much it would cost though...

I completely agree. GM needs to stop coming up with a special addition for every color. I want to see something unique, or at least up to par with the rest.

With the prices of new, the best bang for the buck is to buy a 2 or 3 year old mint condition truck, do your own mods, and you'll have a raptor killer for half the price, and it will still be so close to new, you won't notice the difference.

With the prices of new, the best bang for the buck is to buy a 2 or 3 year old mint condition truck, do your own mods, and you'll have a raptor killer for half the price, and it will still be so close to new, you won't notice the difference.

2 or 3 year old..that is still upper class trucking.

I look for obd2 and later.

About the only update that becomes serious if ignored is dropping the 40 amps of bleeding 1157 type bulbs to LED...

maybe make a pretty dash light combo too.

I also found, even the 1996 sold for 20k...almost 20 years ago.

GM is sending one message to go ahead like that.. keep what ya got for as long as possible.

pay attention to the ecm codes.

Now if they would offer it with the LT4 supercharged Corvette Z06 engine with a big heat exchanger and radiator! GM blew it on the Corvette. You can only track the car in ambient temperatures up to 86*.

I've seen people run dual heat exchangers before. One that i recall clearly and will probably be what i do was on a 2005 Silverado VHO with MP112. He ran the Magnuson Hx in series with a CTS-V Hx.

Having a 2014 WT 4x4 with a V-6 and thinking that I compromised, I will tell you I was wrong. I usually buy the mid to high range with a 2LT or above, but I am very satisfied with the amenities and hp that my v-6 and WT offer. It doesn't have MyLink, that's a bummer but I think that Chevy has done a great job with what they use to offer at the WT level. I think the new offer for 30k is a great price for other trucks in it's class. Just my $.02 for owning a WT and am completely satisfied...

Why would they do this to a W/T model???? You need to offer the black out package on all trim levels!!! The main thing holding me back from trading my 2014 2500 LTZ on the new style is the ugly chrome grille!! I would go for the High Country to get the black bumpers, but I still end up with the chrome grille!

Archived