In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Gitcherex

possibly looking for a Equinox

Also I just saw a 24 month lease on a fwd LT 4 cyl for 199 with 1500 due at signing. I've leased my last 5 vehicles and it's always worked out well for my wife and I and our budget.

so I went out to test drive an equinox, and it had literally just been sold before I arrived (should have called?). since I drove 25 miles there, I figured I'd test drive an Impala (her 'dream' car). it had the 3.5 v6 in it, very nice car. Since there arent many Equinoxs available, I might go with a 2008-2015 Impala. which engine is the 'go-to'? the 3.5/3.6/3.9?

• Like 1

The impala's are great cars! My dad had an 03 and 06, loved em both and reliable as hell. Only issue in 140K miles was the cluster. They never got stuck once even in a bad blizzard it plowed through 2 feet of snow. The 3.6 or 3.9 are very good. You should check out the 03-09 impalas. I love the 06 impala SS lazer blue 5.3

• Like 1

we have a ugly green 02 impala now with the 3.8. I personally hate that body style...

well the 3.6l v6 in the 2012 has about the same power as the 5.3l v8 has (roughly 300). I was gunna get the 5.3l ss but it goes through oil alot and she doesn't check her oil...

• Like 1

Impalas are hard to see out of, I had a rental once. That's about all I know about 'em.

Whichever has the least miles and a clean carfax. I'd have a mechanic look over the whole car before you buy.

okay. I cannot seem to comprehend this issue... I have that 2002 Impala, which I took out a loan for (but didn't do an auto loan, it was a personal loan). I owe anirger 2.2k on it. If I trade it in for 3-3.5k, how would I go about paying that loan off?

or I could use my tax refund to pay it off?

no im not drunk YET lol