'14+ 5.3L Have magnetic drain plugs?

FL335i

^^^

Thanks for your response.

I agree, most likely just for fuel economy, CAFE standard.

I just like to get everyone's opinion that I can.

But I'll be switching to 5w-30 starting on my next oil change.

Another option that has been discussed by Cowpie on the forum is 5w20. I don't recall the exact details, but 5w20 apparently has a more stable NOWACK rating than 0w20? The important number of an engine oil really is the second number, the "normal" weight of it. Per GM, they show no other substitute for 0w20. Only the 4.3 and 6.0 list a cold weather option for 0w30.

Another option that has been discussed by Cowpie on the forum is 5w20. I don't recall the exact details, but 5w20 apparently has a more stable NOWACK rating than 0w20? The important number of an engine oil really is the second number, the "normal" weight of it. Per GM, they show no other substitute for 0w20. Only the 4.3 and 6.0 list a cold weather option for 0w30.

Yea, I've read what cowpie said about the NOACK rating on the 5w-20 being lower than compared to 0w-20.

How about the NOACK rating between 0w-20 and 5w-30 , which between those two have the lower NOACK rating???

I like mobile 1, I've been using their products for a long time. But I don't see them list the NOACK rating anywhere.

Maybe cowpie will know the answer, difference between the NOACK rating on 0w-20 vs 5w-30.

Archived