Transmission fix finally for 14-15 sierra silverado! WOOOOT!

Dang, I just got off the phone with my dealer and they knew nothing about it. While talking to her,I saw in the above post it was just a beta test deal. That sucks.....

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clunking, shifting hard, and lugging.

Just described my experience.

When I go up a steep hill the truck acts like its slipping out of gear, jerks your brains out, then climbs up to 3500 rpm to climb it. (it's a steep hill..) I have a 5.3 with 3.08s. It REALLY concerns me if it has this much trouble climbing a hill what it would be like with a trailer. I kinda figured it was just my gearing.

Will look forward to more info on this. A factory tune that doesn't blow my warranty out the door would be wonderful to fix this.

Just got my 2014 6.2 Sierra back for seat movment issues they fixed. My service advisor knew nothing about this..But then again I also was not surpised. Im praying GM released this for everyone. The cluncking and confusion in hills and slow speed driving is beyond bad

Its my #1 gripe and nothing comes close to it.

PLEASE GM SERVICE....Please do us this solid. It would make me love this truck again.

So had my truck at the dealer to replace the heated seat for the second time (first time only did passenger seat) and my service advisor who is also a friend of mine who owns a 14 sierra said I would love my truck when I pick it up.

Turns out gm came out with a transmission programming update for my 14 GMC Sierra. My truck has the 5.3l and 3.42 gears.

I cannot believe how much better my truck feels! The transmission shift points are soooo much more improved than before, shifts are quicker, but not necessarily more firm, although maybe slightly. But again the truck feels amazing, like a totally different vehicle. So much more responsive, give it a little gas and it snaps right into the gear I would choose if I had a manual, and feels so much more intuitive overall. After driving around all afternoon and this evening I have completely fallen back in love with my truck. I will admit that this to me was the biggest downfall with the truck after owning it for 6500 miles, but I love love love the responsiveness in my truck now!

I have done tunes on previous vehicles over the years with programmers etc, and even open source tuning but can say I have never experienced a difference in a vehicle like I did with this.

So to make a long story short, call your dealer and see if they have the update available, you will not regret it!!!

Hopefully this helps out a lot of people, and I am very interested to hear what other people think. Please comment on if you have this done what you think of the difference!

Edit, this is a beta version that is not global on gm yet. I will update when my advisor states this is ready globally.

Subbed as I have the same setup you have. I just had my blackbear tune installed. But can revert to stock, get the update and see what Justin can do from there.

While I complained a lot about my '07 and '11, 6.2-6sp's horrendous shifting parameters, my '14 6.2-6sp is like night and day. I love it. Shifts like you expect it should. No complaints at all.

I've been pretty surprised by a few '14 6.2 owners who have complained about it.

While I complained a lot about my '07 and '11, 6.2-6sp's horrendous shifting parameters, my '14 6.2-6sp is like night and day. I love it. Shifts like you expect it should. No complaints at all.

I've been pretty surprised by a few '14 6.2 owners who have complained about it.

My 2011 6.2 6-speed was amazing, my 2014 5.3 is horrendous. I'm wondering how there can be such a disparity from one truck to another. I've always wondered if the guys who say that their 2014's shift great were glossing over the poor shifting, they aren't in tune with their trucks as much as I am, or if their trucks were somehow tuned differently from the factory. I'm guessing they're tuned differently, or have different software, because there's no way anyone could drive my truck and think it's normal.

I've always wanted to visit Montana!

I've always thought my 2014 6 speed felt great overall, but then again I came from a 4 speed in my 2007 which never felt right to me. Every now and then my 6 speed will shift hard or funny but it mostly drives well. I'll probably do this update either way just to clean up those hiccups it seems to have from time to time.

My 2011 6.2 6-speed was amazing, my 2014 5.3 is horrendous. I'm wondering how there can be such a disparity from one truck to another. I've always wondered if the guys who say that their 2014's shift great were glossing over the poor shifting, they aren't in tune with their trucks as much as I am, or if their trucks were somehow tuned differently from the factory. I'm guessing they're tuned differently, or have different software, because there's no way anyone could drive my truck and think it's normal.

I've always wanted to visit Montana!

Ive said it all along the shifting is terrible in this truck especially when towing. I think people that dont notice it, dont truly understand whats going on with their truck.

Archived