Post photos of your 2500/3500 HD's

The 2020 is longer and taller than the outgoing model.  Matter of opinion I guess but I personally don't think the HD Silverado looks anything like a Tahoe or Suburban.

Here’s our 2018 2500HD on the showroom floor in August 2018 and what it looks like today. So far we’ve added the 18” wheels and tires for summer and kept the 17” for winter, GM side window rain guards, Weathertech bugshield and mudflaps, ARE Z Series canopy, and 2” McGaughys drop shackle in the rear. I would still like to add the roof clearance lights.

541323CE-B197-4956-8F02-D0DBAF20CFDF.jpeg

3191C46F-5AA2-44A9-AC26-199E984FE66B.jpeg

Edited by elucas78
Spelling

On 4/20/2019 at 6:55 PM, Bhurt said:

IMG_1094.JPG

Details and/or more pics please!! I know I've seen your truck somewhere else on here but don't think I saw your mods. I'm debating what to do to my new (to me) HD in terms of lift/level.

She’s pretty stock actually. Still the factory duratracs. Gonna go to a 35” if I ever wear these ones out. Otherwise it’s got 2.25” ready lift keys up front and a 2” ready lift block in the back. 

Next upgrades would be upper control arms and diff spacers so I could crank up the front a little more. But if I am doing all that I will probably just pull it all out and go to a 6” lift and 37” tires. 

Overall though ugh I am quite happy with it the way it is. Just high enough to stand out and I can still get through the drive thrus with the sled on the back. Lol. 

21BF8D56-84C9-402E-A8C4-971A8DA17E13.jpeg

On 4/25/2019 at 8:27 AM, Bhurt said:

She’s pretty stock actually. Still the factory duratracs. Gonna go to a 35” if I ever wear these ones out. Otherwise it’s got 2.25” ready lift keys up front and a 2” ready lift block in the back. 

Next upgrades would be upper control arms and diff spacers so I could crank up the front a little more. But if I am doing all that I will probably just pull it all out and go to a 6” lift and 37” tires. 

Overall though ugh I am quite happy with it the way it is. Just high enough to stand out and I can still get through the drive thrus with the sled on the back. Lol. 

21BF8D56-84C9-402E-A8C4-971A8DA17E13.jpeg

Well it looks great! Thanks for the closer picture too, brings up more questions... Did you have to change out trim to de-chrome it or did yours come that way? Looking at door handles, mirror caps, window trim, etc.

58 minutes ago, CO-Stark said:

Well it looks great! Thanks for the closer picture too, brings up more questions... Did you have to change out trim to de-chrome it or did yours come that way? Looking at door handles, mirror caps, window trim, etc.

No problem. This is how it came. Color matched handles and black mirror caps, cloth heated seats, 8” stereo, and all those bells and whistles, plow  prep and z71 off road package, and the best option ever.....rubber floor!!!  No carpet in this girl. 

Front and rear bumpers are chrome and the grill. My thought is that they may go black in the future. 

On 4/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, Bhurt said:

No problem. This is how it came. Color matched handles and black mirror caps, cloth heated seats, 8” stereo, and all those bells and whistles, plow  prep and z71 off road package, and the best option ever.....rubber floor!!!  No carpet in this girl. 

Front and rear bumpers are chrome and the grill. My thought is that they may go black in the future. 

Very nice. I have color matched bumper but chrome grill and headlight bezels. Based on my previous truck (1500) if I can get rid of that chrome and the wheels the smaller stuff won't bother me as much, but right now there's so much I want to kill it all!

durtymax.jpg

OK, love the trucks and love the look of colour matched bumpers but I gotta ask. Never having owned one, aren't those huge colour matched bumpers not a total PITA in regards to stone chips and bugs?

20 hours ago, LRJ said:

OK, love the trucks and love the look of colour matched bumpers but I gotta ask. Never having owned one, aren't those huge colour matched bumpers not a total PITA in regards to stone chips and bugs?

Not too worried about bugs, when I wash it I WASH it. But yes. On my 1500 it got chipped pretty bad pretty quick. It didn't bother me much as I'm not entering shows with it. It still cleaned up nicely. I am hoping to get xpel or something on this one before that happens, but at the end of the day, personally, I'd rather have some chips than a giant chrome bumper. If for no other reason, and based on my experience, after some time that chrome won't look any better than a chipped bumper unless it's frequently polished.

My 04 Superduty's bumpers were still sparkling when it left a couple months ago. Never had an issue with them. I hope the Sierra holds up that well. I can live with the bumper but I gotta do something with the grille and surround. Not sure yet. Billet insert, plastidip, or maybe even Linex.

Really like the metallic blue, it was definitely a contender when I bought my Sierra.

Edited by LRJ

It's a lot of chrome... I won an xpel kit on an auction for next to nothing for the truck shortly after I bought it, so I had him wrap the chrome bumper too.  The part thats wrapped is great still but inside the wheel wells on the edge of the bumper where the xpel doesn't cover is showing signs of rust coloration.  I clean it up and it will wipe away good but if the rest of the chrome bumper starts to do stuff like that its gonna get a plasti dip or rhino lining done to it.  The package didn't do the grill either so I already have a couple chips in the fake chrome on the plastic grill/headlight bezel, which means it will undergo the same plasti dip/rhino treatment in the future.  

IMG_1686.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, LRJ said:

My 04 Superduty's bumpers were still sparkling when it left a couple months ago. Never had an issue with them. I hope the Sierra holds up that well. I can live with the bumper but I gotta do something with the grille and surround. Not sure yet. Billet insert, plastidip, or maybe even Linex.

Really like the metallic blue, it was definitely a contender when I bought my Sierra.

The experience that really killed chrome for me was my 2006 Titan. Great truck but yeah, it was polish the chrome or it looked spotty. Might hold up for 1 or 2 washes, sometimes, but it was a lot of work for some shine that I wasn't really into anyway. Also, I'm pretty sure all of the chrome I have on this one aside from the wheels is actually plastic (since my bumper is painted). So I don't have real chrome problems, I have fake chrome problems... Thought about plasti dip, and I might, just want to do something that will hold up well.
I found the blue "by accident" on my 1500. It was all the specs and price I was looking for and I didn't hate blue. After having that one though, seeing it in different lights, and especially how it looked as some of the chrome disappeared...for this truck I was looking for this blue, and this blue only!

On 5/1/2019 at 7:54 PM, Bhurt said:

It's a lot of chrome... I won an xpel kit on an auction for next to nothing for the truck shortly after I bought it, so I had him wrap the chrome bumper too.  The part thats wrapped is great still but inside the wheel wells on the edge of the bumper where the xpel doesn't cover is showing signs of rust coloration.  I clean it up and it will wipe away good but if the rest of the chrome bumper starts to do stuff like that its gonna get a plasti dip or rhino lining done to it.  The package didn't do the grill either so I already have a couple chips in the fake chrome on the plastic grill/headlight bezel, which means it will undergo the same plasti dip/rhino treatment in the future.  

IMG_1686.jpg

That's a sweet prize! Mine came with a bit of clear bra (I think 3M) as I got it a year old. It's in good places at the front of the hood and the fender, but nothing on bumper or grill at all.
Hadn't thought about the plastic chrome til last night as I was washing it and today. I don't even have real chrome, so it's highly unlikely to hold up very well...makes me want to kill it even more!

A whack of plastic "chrome" here too. Cover a bunch of that and doing a complete debadging will go a long way to easier maintenance.

IMG_2315.JPG