Post photos of your 2500/3500 HD's

On 12/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, cdh027 said:

Let me guess, it seems like its wandering now right?

slightly yeah. i would really like to address this bump steer though. ive been seeing the idler/pitman arm support upgrades are a for sure way to go in addition to the steering stabilizer....have you done anything else to address the bump steer?

3 hours ago, jerseytaylor said:

slightly yeah. i would really like to address this bump steer though. ive been seeing the idler/pitman arm support upgrades are a for sure way to go in addition to the steering stabilizer....have you done anything else to address the bump steer?

No, not yet. My first goal is to replace the anemic 10" wheels with some 12's and figure out what I'll need to cut/modify/repaint on the front bumper. Kinda sucks because I paint corrected and PPF'ed the whole front end already.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:58 PM, cdh027 said:

No, not yet. My first goal is to replace the anemic 10" wheels with some 12's and figure out what I'll need to cut/modify/repaint on the front bumper. Kinda sucks because I paint corrected and PPF'ed the whole front end already.

you know what my issue may be that im going to have checked out tomorrow? an improperly balanced 37" tire. when my shop is telling me the truck drives perfectly with the old 34.5-35's on and when the 37s are put on it shakes, thats pretty obviously a balancing issue. wheels are brand new so not likely a bend.

On December 23, 2018 at 3:50 PM, jerseytaylor said:

you know what my issue may be that im going to have checked out tomorrow? an improperly balanced 37" tire. when my shop is telling me the truck drives perfectly with the old 34.5-35's on and when the 37s are put on it shakes, thats pretty obviously a balancing issue. wheels are brand new so not likely a bend.

It could be the tires. I had issues with balancing not being good enough (still shook) and went to another shop. Got them road force balanced and they said one tire is so far out of spec that it can't be balanced properly basically it should be replaced. They told me this is common in all terrain or mud tires. They had to go through 12 bfg tires to find 4 that were within the spec (not my tires someone elses). My friend that sells tires told me this was common as well. Also my friend told me he has had some brand new wheels come with a manufacturers defect that had them "bent" from the factory and had to be replaced so that could be an issue as well. Have them check for out of round wheels. 

Just sold my 15 6.2 slt with max trailering package and picked this up.29b5a9197dd509673c8e504630e0629e.jpg
It’s a 15 diesel 2500 Denali. 66k miles and I hope it’s just getting broke in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just sold my 15 6.2 slt with max trailering package and picked this up.29b5a9197dd509673c8e504630e0629e.jpg
It’s a 15 diesel 2500 Denali. 66k miles and I hope it’s just getting broke in.

faff82aca9f929ea6aa3291ee9505882.jpg0aa9e37a5f627877a381a75be6550225.jpgf3ac7a63ee14827de29aec6840d50642.jpgf11e3f2d777f21a78729daaecaf184ef.jpg
Here’s some more pics in daylight.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:52 PM, JB Chevy Man said:

Just bought this 2015 HD around two months ago. Remove the small mirrors and replaced them with the Trail Ridge tow mirrors. I really like how they turned out.

20181027_132635.jpg

20181027_132732.jpg

What brand of cap is on the back and are you happy with it?

4 hours ago, joeb11 said:

What brand of cap is on the back and are you happy with it?

It's an ARE cap. It was on the truck when I bought it. I do like it. I put one on my 2001 Chey when I bought it and it still looked good 15 years later. This one appears to be built better than the on I had on my 2001 Chevy. So I hope this holds up as good. They cost more than say the Century, but they make a really nice cap too. If I would have had to buy one when I got the truck, I probably would had purchased a upgraded version Century cap.

It has a more custom look and costs less than the ARE cap. (See the picture of my 2015 Chevy half ton.)

20180814_170745.jpg

Thanks - the ARE and Century are the caps I am deciding between! I prefer the look of the frameless side windows but will have a dog in the back and think I need the ventilation a sliding window will provide v. a pop out. Century also offers the Cap-pack roof drawer which I'm considering. Thanks for posting the pic of the half-ton, too.