Post photos of your 2500/3500 HD's

3 minutes ago, kenny_r said:

I think I’d go broke putting 2500 miles a month on my 6.0.lol

I filled up in MD or VA where gas was 30-40 cents cheaper than PA.  I had a 50mpg 5speed commuter car that I loaned to my mom for reasons.  She lives in Baltimore City and uses public trans for the past 7 years.  

• Like 1

It's new temporary home in texas.  Washed, waxed, and polished and it provided cover for a furry creature.  Also a pic of me loaded down prior to the drive from PA to TX.
IMG_20191214_102408_01.thumb.jpg.1da930cd84f4d5db0cef4da3c4cd5fc7.jpg
c856c230-a235-4963-a217-2d25d41b8986.jpg.7996f698b9f520019856a88f862ddd22.jpg
IMG_20191204_143559905_HDR.thumb.jpg.5a6db5140902b39511a6ae8fcf496300.jpg

Does anyone know the GM part number for these wheels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/25/2019 at 8:19 AM, _CROW said:

Does anyone know the GM part number for these wheels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think PYU was the rpo code....don't know what the p/n would be.

15CHSL00089_PYU.jpg

Edited by redwngr

Hello everyone, new member here but I`ve used the forums for tons of information in the past but I`ve finally made an account. I bought a 2015 GMC 2500hd duramax base model new, I`ve done few upgrades haven`t deleted yet but planning soon. as for upgrades 18" ION with 33` toyo M/T`s, backrack that I modified a bit to suit me better, 30" rigid sr behind the grill, flushmount rigids in the rear bumper to help back up at night, morimoto LED headlights, this picture i still had the 4 PIAA cubs as fogs but I've since made some brackets and moved them to the hood by the wiperblades and put some different led cubes in the bumper. I'll put some updated pictures when I take them

FB_IMG_1578166342371.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:37 AM, ewbldavis said:

Picking up camper in May. Yep - she's a gasser...

image000000.jpg

How do you like the 6.0 with the fifth wheel? I have the 6.0 with a travel trailer and the mileage kills me on the highway.

19 hours ago, Metz54 said:

How do you like the 6.0 with the fifth wheel? I have the 6.0 with a travel trailer and the mileage kills me on the highway.

Tows awesome. Haven't gone on long trip yet, but I expect same mileage as my travel trailer. I averaged 9 MPG with travel trailer, depending on wind/terrain. Last year was uphill in headwind, so I got about 7 for 200 miles...

At the end of the day, the 14-15 MPG I'd get with a diesel just doesn't justify the upfront and maintenance expense to me. Even as a daily driver, too wit I average 12-13MPG daily, no dice for a diesel. The gasser is a screamer, but she does a fine job with this unit. If you're looking over the 11-12k mark, go diesel.

2 hours ago, ewbldavis said:

Tows awesome. Haven't gone on long trip yet, but I expect same mileage as my travel trailer. I averaged 9 MPG with travel trailer, depending on wind/terrain. Last year was uphill in headwind, so I got about 7 for 200 miles...

At the end of the day, the 14-15 MPG I'd get with a diesel just doesn't justify the upfront and maintenance expense to me. Even as a daily driver, too wit I average 12-13MPG daily, no dice for a diesel. The gasser is a screamer, but she does a fine job with this unit. If you're looking over the 11-12k mark, go diesel.

Good to hear. My last long trip with a travel trailer I averaged a tick over 7 mpg for 2000 miles. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd throw up a few very recent photos that show the truck stock with the aluminum wheels and after I installed the 18" steel work truck wheels that I painted black.  I installed factory center caps and new General Grabber ATx tires in the stock size 265/70 R18 - E.  Love the look and the tires so far.  Can't wait to see how they do in the Michigan winter snow.  The stock Michelins are great for summer pulling our travel trailer but wasn't even going to try them in the snow so instead of swapping tires on the aluminum wheels twice per year I went this route.  

IMG_4633a.jpg

IMG_4643a.jpg

IMG_4645a.jpg

• Like 2