L83 Cam Swap

I am interested as well and haven't found much info.

I will continue my research and see what I find. I sent a emailt to Texas Speed to see. Looking into a mild cam. Looking to keep the low torque and gain a little bit up top.

Bolt -on's cam and tune are getting solid numbers in the 400 RWHP and torque range. I saw a you tube of a Black 2014 Lowered RCSB Sierra that had CAI, Cam, Head work and it was in the 410 Hp range i think...but I cant find the damn video now.

RT

This one?

• Like 1

I saw Comp Cams make 3 different grinds for the gen V DI engines. I read an article on a swap in a new LT1 Vette with the biggest cam. It also needed the VVT limiter, new valve springs installed and a custom tune. If there's enough cam swaps out of vettes there should be factory LT1 cams out there for cheap that would be more of a direct swap for the L83 without messing phaser.

• Like 1

I saw Comp Cams make 3 different grinds for the gen V DI engines. I read an article on a swap in a new LT1 Vette with the biggest cam. It also needed the VVT limiter, new valve springs installed and a custom tune. If there's enough cam swaps out of vettes there should be factory LT1 cams out there for cheap that would be more of a direct swap for the L83 without messing phaser.

Sorry about the double post...

Comp cams and Lingenfelter both have cams available for the LT1 engine. For example in my 6.2L/L86 comp cam has 3 options and Lingenfelter has 4 (2 supercharger cams and 2 NA cams). My truck stock dyno'd at 350rwhp/380rwtq. According to my tuner with a cam I could expect another 80 to 100 at the wheels.

I have been doing alot of research. Looks like many are going to give you a mild lope, which is not a bad thing. But I am guessing can get annoying in a daily driver.

I have been doing alot of research. Looks like many are going to give you a mild lope, which is not a bad thing. But I am guessing can get annoying in a daily driver.

Yeah...but wait till the young guy with his ricer civic and girlfriend pull up to you and smoke em'! I for one think these trucks are very un-assuming in the power category.

RT

• Like 1

Why would a mild cam be annoying for daily driving?