L83 Cam Swap

I'm sure most of you know but don't forget about having to replace springs at almost every oil change. That's the worst part about cam swaps imo.

That's a ridiculous statement. If your not over .600 lift no need for spring changes on a daily driver. The stock LT-1 corvette cam is right at .575+ lift I believe and the beehive springs that are used in these motors are pretty stout not to mention the light weight retainers that are used.

RT

Edited by 07Softail
  • Like 1

My truck has 64,000 miles on the Lingenfelter gt2-3 cam and ls6 springs.

Can specs are 207/220 duration @ .050 lift -.571/.578 lift with 1.7 rocker 118.5 CL. The lobes have a very gentle ramp which is why the springs live. Its not a radical can so it didn't generate a huge boost, but a nice gradual gain.

• 2 weeks later...

Spurshot... when are you swapping cams? I have a takeout LT-1 cam also and I'm wondering what the outcome will be. Waiting on you MAN!! LOL

RT

I'm waiting for it to show up. I have a couple more mods to do in conjunction. Need to gather all the parts.

Stock replacement LT1/L86 Camshaft

Camshaft - Billet steel

Duration: Intake - 200°/202° (@.050” lift) (Non-Deac/Deac) Exhaust - 206°/211° (@.050” lift) (Non-Deac/Deac)

Lift: Intake - 0.551”/0.561” (Non-Deac/Deac) Exhaust – 0.522”/0.531” (Non-Deac/Deac)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stock replacement LT1/L86 Camshaft

Camshaft - Billet steel

Duration: Intake - 200°/202° (@.050” lift) (Non-Deac/Deac) Exhaust - 206°/211° (@.050” lift) (Non-Deac/Deac)

Lift: Intake - 0.551”/0.561” (Non-Deac/Deac) Exhaust – 0.522”/0.531” (Non-Deac/Deac)

Any update on this? We are all looking to you!