In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
zack89

mbrp exhaust for 5.3L

Does anyone have any sound clips of the mbrp exhaust on there Silverado or Sierra. I can't seem to find any videos online

You tube has several videos. I am running the 6.2 S5086409 which is the 3.5" kit on my 5.3 and love it! I just don't know how to post videos or I would video my truck.

RT

Does anyone have any sound clips of the mbrp exhaust on there Silverado or Sierra. I can't seem to find any videos online

I was actually looking for this same thing today. I assume the 6.2 is going to sound a little different than the 5.3. I'm with you though, couldn't find any sound clips for the 5.3

All of the 5.3 trucks sound the same it doesn't have to be the 2014. The 3.5 system is a bit louder but not by much.

RT

Edited by 07Softail

Single exhaust Edited by BIG6MOHAWK

well damn that sounds really dang good. are these quality exhausts?

Yep...very well designed and the bends are smooth and fitment is great. Me and the Wife loaded up in the truck this morning headed to Home Depot and during the cold start up it is loud and she said is it that loud all of the time...I laughed and said no it idles down quickly. And when we got back home she said that it wasn't bad at all and it was only noticeable at accelerating from the traffic lights but at cruise she said it was as quite as her Pilot. As I have stated before I have the 6.2 system which is 3.5" tubing rather than the 3" system and I love it.

RT

Yep...very well designed and the bends are smooth and fitment is great. Me and the Wife loaded up in the truck this morning headed to Home Depot and during the cold start up it is loud and she said is it that loud all of the time...I laughed and said no it idles down quickly. And when we got back home she said that it wasn't bad at all and it was only noticeable at accelerating from the traffic lights but at cruise she said it was as quite as her Pilot. As I have stated before I have the 6.2 system which is 3.5" tubing rather than the 3" system and I love it.

RT

Why did you decide to go with the 6.2 over the 5.3 exhaust.... I would think that with the bigger diamiter it would mess with the back pressure and everything like that. Mind sending me a sound clip if I send you my cell number?

Why did you decide to go with the 6.2 over the 5.3 exhaust.... I would think that with the bigger diamiter it would mess with the back pressure and everything like that. Mind sending me a sound clip if I send you my cell number?

He wants yo digits bruhh. . Lol.....

Video from ur phone and upload to youtube and post the link.... Its easy.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit