YAY My first new truck!!! I'm PUMMPED!! Or am

Hey guys,

I've been a long time owner of Sierras, both have been 2000's, the current one I'm driving is a 2wd ext cab 4.8L SLE. I've had great luck with these trucks, this one has 317000kms and still runs great!

Back in January I had ordered a 2015 All Terrain, and received a call Friday that it was delivered. I was sooo pumped, checked it out and it was beeautiful!

I decided to go back Saturday to the dealership and check it out again.... drool, hug it, amazed that this thing was built just for us. Full of excitement! Then I noticed something sad... The front bumper and lower part of the valence was scratched, a little bummed out I thought to myself well it can just be buffed out, and hopefully they will replace the valence.

Yesterday was rainy when I looked at it, today the sun was shining, so later in the aft I went to check it out again!

Then I noticed something else, the passenger door moulding was coming a bit, towards the front. I pushed it to see if the tape would adhere again but didn't... just popped back out... bummer what is the dealership going to do about that?

Then something else caught my eye... man that wheel looks sweet, all painted grey and stuff.... wait, isn't it supposed to be polished on the face of the wheel??? Yup, three of the other 20" wheels are polished, but they must have been low on the polished wheels and threw on the grey one instead??

Pretty upset to wait to have a truck built just for me to find out that there doesn't appear to be much quality control. I really like the truck, and I haven't even driven it yet... but my worry is if I can pick up that wheel... what else is missing on the truck?

I have a meeting with the dealership tomorrow to finalize a couple things, but I don't think I'm going to finalize much until we discuss what's gone on....

The pumped meter just got deflated to flatttend :(

2015-03-14_16-06-50_485.jpg

Correct Polished Wheel

pass%20rear%20polished%20wheel%20correct

Tape done it's duty already

Pass%20dr%20trim.jpg

Scratched bumper and valence

Pass%20front%20bumper%20scratch%20lower%

Painted (wrong wheel) (but it does look niiiice)

Front%20pass%20Painted%20grey%20wrong%20

I'm sure the bumper and valance was done sometime during transport. The molding could have also, but maybe cold weather effected it when it was applied. The wheel is the only thing that got past the post inspection, but if you think about it, it is kind of hard to tell the difference. At least in your pics, maybe it looks more different in person.I honestly think the full gray wheel looks better on that truck lol. It still should have been caught though.

And I'm with you about the finalizing thing. I would sign any final paperwork until that stuff gets taken care off.

Those arent the wrong wheels. You ordered an all terrain, thats what comes with the package

He's saying 3 of them has the face polished and 1 isn't and is all gray.

You can get all that fixed before you pick it up. Good for you for getting a chance to go over it so much, most people have to take their trucks back in to have the minor annoyances looked after.

Great eye for spotting all these problems.. They can all be fixed by the dealer.. You'll love this truck smoothest, quietest truck on the road hands down..

I'm sure the bumper and valance was done sometime during transport. The molding could have also, but maybe cold weather effected it when it was applied. The wheel is the only thing that got past the post inspection, but if you think about it, it is kind of hard to tell the difference. At least in your pics, maybe it looks more different in person.I honestly think the full gray wheel looks better on that truck lol. It still should have been caught though.

That is not transport damage. Sides of bumpers & side moldings would not get damaged like that. That molding is either too short on adhesive tape or it did not adhere properly. If something hit the molding, it for sure would have ripped the step off on that side.

Minor rant out of the way. Good luck with your truck. Personally, if you are in a position to wait. I would order another & let them fix this one for their lot inventory.

Dealer will get GM to replace the wheel, that is minor. Might ask how much they want for you to keep that wheel. Then you can use it as a spare and have a matching spare. I have mine up in the attic, as soon as I have to replace the tires the best tire is coming off and going on my spare wheel so I have a complete matching set.

My advice would be not to take delivery of the truck until everything is fixed up, if you want to keep this truck. Although most of those things are pretty minor and the dealer should be able to correct. The second you take delivery of the truck, the dealer can deny saying you caused the scratches. I went over my truck with a fine tooth comb like you did and spotted some scratches they fixed up and some paint blemishes I mentioned and tried to buff out myself. Turns out I wasn't able to polish them out myself so I phoned my salesman about them. He remembered me mentioning them and had me bring the truck down that afternoon and they took care of it. A good dealer should work with you to make sure you are 100% happy walking out the door with your new truck.

Archived