Anyone running the rough country 3.5" lift?

I am about to look into a 3.5 to 4 inch lift for my truck and just have a question about the rear block for the 3.5" rough country suspension lift. Has anyone had any issues with ride quality with the 3" block in the rear?

That is NOT a lift, it is a extremely abused and way over lifted leveling kit, great way to break a ball joint and get someone hurt.

2.5in. is the max for raising the front unless you are getting a REAL lift kit.

Rear blocks should be the least of your concerns!

• Like 3

BS the lower ball joints and tie rods are at extreme angles because they are not addressed with the 3.5 kit even if you do the UCAs junk junk junk.

What lift do you recommend

That is NOT a lift, it is a extremely abused and way over lifted leveling kit, great way to break a ball joint and get someone hurt.

2.5in. is the max for raising the front unless you are getting a REAL lift kit.

Rear blocks should be the least of your concerns!

What brand of lift do you recommend?

What lift do you recommend

What brand of lift do you recommend?

For a real lift Cognito followed by Rancho would be my choice.

A 2 1/2in. level and 33's looks damn good to me. Lots of trucks running that combo with no issues.

• Thanks 1

My opinion is the Fabtech and BDS are some of the best, but here is what I normally suggest to people, before doing any mod or buying anything that costs more than a hundred dollars is spend a week or two doing research on the subject. Visit multiple forums and search that subject, read online reviews, even then you need to remember that people will rag on a product they don't own and brag about one they do own, human nature as everyone wants to feel good about their purchase. After the brand the next big question is how high do I want to go, look at galleries online find out or decide how you want your truck to look. Then don't settle, if what you want is out of your price range today then keep saving , don't settle for a cheaper lift that will not satisfy you and end up costing more money in the long run. Good luck with your project and remember it is supposed to be fun not a aggravation.

My opinion is the Fabtech and BDS are some of the best, but here is what I normally suggest to people, before doing any mod or buying anything that costs more than a hundred dollars is spend a week or two doing research on the subject. Visit multiple forums and search that subject, read online reviews, even then you need to remember that people will rag on a product they don't own and brag about one they do own, human nature as everyone wants to feel good about their purchase. After the brand the next big question is how high do I want to go, look at galleries online find out or decide how you want your truck to look. Then don't settle, if what you want is out of your price range today then keep saving , don't settle for a cheaper lift that will not satisfy you and end up costing more money in the long run. Good luck with your project and remember it is supposed to be fun not a aggravation.

Yeah I've been researching this for several weeks now. The most i can go is a 4 inch lift due to my garage door. I have a place that does rough country, bds, and cognito lifts. But they said until you get up in the taller lifts the components are the same. So that's why i brought up the question about the rear block. This is all new to me so i want to make the right choice.

Then I would just do a 2 inch level if you want to get it in the garage, don't forget when you do the lift then you add taller tires and they will increase the trucks height too. Think total package if the garage door is 7 foot. Another item to think long and hard about is with most lift kits you have to do some cutting, going back to stock is often impossible or very very expensive.

Edited by high country

Then I would just do a 2 inch level if you want to get it in the garage, don't forget when you do the lift then you add taller tires and they will increase the trucks height too. Think total package if the garage door is 7 foot. Another item to think long and hard about is with most lift kits you have to do some cutting, going back to stock is often impossible or very very expensive.

Yeah. I have 7 inches of clearance. Was going to run a 4 inch with 32s. Which would only give me a 4.25 inch lift. I've gone through this multiple times on what I can do. Measured from the highest point on the cab. I'm not worried about the money. It's just I don't want to mess up my brand truck with a lift that causes alot of problems

Yeah. I have 7 inches of clearance. Was going to run a 4 inch with 32s. Which would only give me a 4.25 inch lift. I've gone through this multiple times on what I can do. Measured from the highest point on the cab. I'm not worried about the money. It's just I don't want to mess up my brand truck with a lift that causes alot of problems

Hey Bigmoore, I have the 2.5" RC kit with 1" blocks in the rear and have been driving it for 10,000 trouble free KM's. I have 275-65R18 BFG's under it which is 31.6" tall and would have no problem handling 32" tires. Like said previously, the 3.5" might be pretty hard on the front end. I would add the axles would wear and break quite prematurely if lifted this high without the whole differential drop kit to keep everything to a respectable angle. The 2.5" adds a little stiffness to the ride but still very comfortable to drive and adds all the clearance I need to drive in the woods.

post-131806-0-16807500-1426608039_thumb.jpg