Full cut, some wheel hop

I have a 2014 gmc Sierra with a 6" fabtech suspension lift on 35" nitto trail grapplers. I've noticed when I turn the wheel all the way left or right, I'll get some hopping or skipping of the front wheels like it would while in 4wd. Anyone know what causes this? It's been doing it for a while but I rarely have emailed wheel turned all the way and tend to forget about it.

Have you re calibrated your computer for a larger tire size? What could be happening is the traction control/stability control is acting up because the actual tire size doesn't match what the computer says. So its applying the brakes when going around a corner. When going around a corner, one wheel is spinning faster than an other, and the computer might be detecting that as slippage...thus engaging the traction control/stability control.

• 9 months later...

I have the exact same issue with the same lift (2015 Silverado, Black Widow edition - 6" Fabtech & 35x12.5x20 MT ATZ's). I bought the truck last week and noticed it when fully turning left or right. I brought it back to the dealer to check the alignment. They made some minor adjustments but nothing was out of spec. I contacted Fabtech to see if there were any other specs i should use for the alignment other than what the manufacturer recommends after the lift but they said no. i did get the alignment specs for one of the trucks they (Fabtech) own with the same lift and the only thing i can see different than mine is the slightly increased caster angle. No idea what the issue is but very annoying and sure it will wear my tires prematurely.

Based on my knowledge, it seems like whether turning left or right the outer wheel is over-steering and/or the inner is under-steering causing the outer to either slide or hop. Driving straight or in slight turns is great. Only see the issue at full turn. Also lost turning radius but kinda expected that with the lift/tires. I'm sending Fabtech pics of tread marks and tire wear and see what they recommend.

I'll try to disengage the traction/stability control to see if anything changes. Other than that...Stumped

Archived