Chevrolet Suburban HD coming- Fleets only

Gorehamj

suburban 16 boat.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3/20/2015

Chevrolet has in the past created HD versions of the Suburban. The added towing and cargo capacity works very well for many contractors and those that want more towing ability, but with a wagon-style body instead of a truck with a cap. Cheersandgears.com dug up the scoop on this new Suburban offering and initially reported that the 2016 'Burban HD might be a vehicle trim for all customers. However, after looking deeper, it appears that the HD will be for fleet sales only.

suburban 16 boat.jpg

suburban 16 boat.jpg

suburban 16 boat.jpg

I ordered a '94 Suburban 2500 with the 6.5 Diesel...took over 4 months to get...problem with the rear heat...I could have got it sooner if I deleted that option, but I didn't...

it was mainly my wifes daily driver...and bedroom for her and daughters at horse shows...

sold it 4 years later for what I paid for it...probly got more if it was white, because that's what middle east buyers were looking for...

a new LTZ with duramax would probly be around $100,000...

• 3 weeks later...

A Suburban with a Duramax would be neat.

People have been asking for these for years. I'd trade my 1999 ¾-ton 454 GMC Sub in a heart beat if a DuraBurb was factory made. Hell, try to find a converted DuraBurb for anything under $30K, used. They sell so fast, you have to be next door to one to buy it in time.

Archived